~ seventy ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Seventy
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

"Vee!" Ollie called, it was so incredibly early in the morning, "Ranboo!"

"hmm?" I took my head off the pillow Ranboo and I were sharing, "what is it?"

"guess what day it is!" Ollie said giddily, sliding two mugs of coffee onto the low table right in front of us.

"October 1st." Ranboo sighed into the blanket, feeling forlorn by even saying those words.

Ollie smiled, "Exactly! It's October 1st! And what does that mean?! Hmm?"

"it means—that today is October 1st?" I sat up, Ranboo sighed again.

"Its f*cking Spooky Season!" She excited, "The best time of the year! Hands down!"

"I see" I intrigued, taking a sip of the coffee Ollie made for me, "Why's it your favorite?"

She looked as if she was going to jump out of her seat from excitement, "oh let me tell you, why October is the best month, ever—apart from the death of James and Lily Potter."

I sat and listened for nearly an hour about Ollie's hyper fixation on the month of Halloween and why it was the best, and she actually had me convinced enough to be excited with her. And as I thought, Ollie did sort of remind me of the season of fall. She always corduroy pants and large sweaters no matter how hot the weather was. And had the aroma of bittersweet darkness.

"Therefore, we need to prepare ourselves for the spooky season." Ollie finished, her breath capacity had diminished in the time she was ranting, and was left to heave a couple breaths before smiling hopefully towards me.

"it is 5 o'clock in the morning." Amazingly, Ranboo had stayed awake for the entire rambling session, and made tired comments throughout the hour.

"I made you coffee." Ollie offered, "and I actually tried with yours, I really only try on Vee's."

"oh thanks" he scoffed lightheartedly, sitting upwards to rub his eyes.

"We should go to the store." The brunette continued, "and prepare."

Ranboo thought for moment, sipping on the hot drink.

"If you don't want to, then I suppose Vee and I could just go alone—"

"No one's going to let an ex-kidnapped person and a runaway roam around a foreign country alone." Ranboo interrupted, "Remember last time we let you leave by yourself in a country you weren't from?"

"Yes of course remember" She retorted, "I was the one who got f*cking kidnapped."

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

Tommy and Ollie went to the store to indulge in the 'Halloween spirit', and soon after they left, light rain had started to drop upon the slow UK day. Within the next hour, it had begun to pour.

It was a lazy day, Tubbo had been filming something with Jack Manifold, so he was going to be gone most of the day, and with Tommy and Ollie both at the store, it was just Ranboo and I simply watching the storm.

"do you want me to tell you about the rest of my songs I have for you?" Ranboo asked softly as he attempted to braid my (rather long) hair. Ollie had taught him a couple days ago and now his favorite pastime was intertwining my wavy locks.

"yes please" I nodded, rain beating against the window.

"okay" he smiled fondly, excited to share the songs, "firstly, 'summer or spring' by flatsound, and I really liked this one because spring and summer just remind me of you? like—happy, and pretty, and uplifting? I dunno it just has that feeling."