~ fourtynine ~

┍━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┑
Fourty-nine
┕━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━┙

~ Ranboo's Pov ~

Day 6

"the letters have been sent" Softie said as she walked into Ollie's house early into the afternoon, "you're welcome for being a wonderful messenger!"

"Did anyone see you?" I worry,

"no of course no one saw us!" She defended, "I'm a tactical genius!"

"hell yeah you are" Ollie nodded, "See Ranboo, nothing went wrong"

"mhm" I hummed, still not fully convinced that this plan worked perfectly, "How is Vena?"

Softie thought for a moment before answering, "anxious—and hesitant—but I saw a glimpse of happiness when I handed her the letters"

"really?" Iris oohed,

"yep" Softie affirmed, "I'm just so cool, I bring people happiness"

"so true" Ollie agreed,

"and you're sure that no one saw you?" I repeated, still nulling over the subject.

"110% percent" Softie annunciated, "I don't see why you don't trust me enough to send a letter to your lover—"

"I just don't"

"he didn't deny it" Ollie whispered, this sentence had been repeated a lot in the past week, "they're lover's your honor"

I rolled my eyes halfheartedly at her comments, for she had no idea what was going on between Luvena and I, "mhm"

"what?" Iris snapped, "what'd you say?"

"I didn't say anything" I answered simply,

"you hummed in agreement when I said you're lovers" Ollie pointed out,

"and?"

"oh my f*cking god you f*cking b*tch!" Ollie gasped, sitting up in her seat in appalment, "you guys are lovers!"

I kept my tone calm as I made up an excuse, "well I can't confirm nor deny anything because I don't know if Luvena's comfortable with—"

"oh my god" Iris whispered, "they totally confessed"

"wow you guys are oblivious" Softie chuckled lightly, "you really thought they were just flirting?"

"I suggest you stop talking" I warned,

"alright" she smiled, knowing she was right, "I have to leave anyway, you're welcome for sending the letters!"

"thank you!" Ollie, Iris, and I all chimed before Softie closed the front door behind her.

━━━━━━━☮︎︎━━━━━━━

Day 10

"welp" I muttered as Ollie and I watched the ending credits silently,

"that was sad" She sighed; a tone of numbness filled her voice.

"yeah" I nodded, "it was"

"great music though" I chuckled lightly, "...you're crying"

"I cry a lot d*ckhead" she brushed away tears with her sleeve,

"don't we all" I mumbled, a melancholic silence filled the air, the background music still humming along. Ollie and I both had just been shown the harsh side of our reality, and we didn't know how to feel about it.