Chapter 41:Dark magic (4).

Start from the beginning

❝You don't need to try to please him, he'll be fine if you reject him. ❞The king said towards Zhia Xiang.

❝It's fine, having a race with the prince isn't a big deal. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

Breakfast passed to the second prince's utter happiness.

❝Let's go! Let's go! ❞Philip said pulling Zhia Xiang's hand.

❝Are you going to be fine? ❞Victor asked.

❝Of course. By the way, your mother is eyeing you. ❞Zhia Xiang said.

❝I know. I'll have to answer her pestering now. ❞Victor replied sighing.

❝Good luck.❞Zhia Xiang said and followed Philip to the barn to choose a horse for the horse race.

❝This is my trusted partener, Rose. ❞Philip said as he proudly showed off his white horse.

❝Hello Rose, nice to meet you. I'm Giselle.❞Zhia Xiang said holding her hand out near the horse's head.

Rose smelled her hand and exhaled a pouf of warm air on her palm.

❝Rose likes you! Have you found a horse yet? I recommend Jean, Rose's brother. ❞Philip said pointing to another white horse.

❝Are you trying to trick me? ❞Zhia Xiang asked jokingly.

❝Of course not! Who do you take me for? ❞Philip replied, deeply offended.

❝I was joking, your highness. ❞Zhia Xiang said, trying to hold laughter in.

Philip realized he's been teased and turned red.

❝How dare you tease a prince?! ❞Philip asked, avoiding eye contact.

❝I'll choose Jean then. ❞Zhia Xiang said and walked to the horse, trying to befriend him.

❝Good boy, let's win this horse race. ❞Zhia Xiang pat the horse and the two participants took their horses outside.

Zhia Xiang got on Jean's back and looked over at Philip who had his had held out for her.

❝May the best win. ❞ The boy said smiling.

Zhia Xiang shook his hand and nodded her head,adding:

❝Agreed. ❞

❝Ready! ❞

❝Start! ❞

The horse siblings shot like bullets, both wanting the winner title. Zhia Xiang was looking at Philip who was clearly enjoying himself.

❝A sweet child. ❞ She thought before returning her gaze to the path forward.

Victor sat down as his mother ordered.

❝How did you met this girl? ❞The Queen asked her son.

❝Through a friend. ❞Victor simply replied.

Genevieve sighed and held her forehead exasperated by her son.

❝Alright, since when are you two a couple? ❞

❝Six months. ❞

The Queen looked outside and noticed the horse race going on and a smile escaped her lips.

❝Seems like Philip likes her. What family is she from? ❞

❝She doesn't have a family. ❞Victor replied, also looking outside the window.

The Queen fell silent for a moment.

❝Poor girl. I won't ask what happened to her parents. What are you intentions with her? You know, it's time to think about marriage and such now that you're a grown man. ❞

❝I know. ❞

Genevieve looked at her son and wondered from who he got this personality.

❝What do you like about her? The girls I've found in the past didn't interested you one bit.❞ Genevieve asked curious.

Victor kept looking at the horse race as he replied to his mother:

❝I'm not sure either. I've met strong, smart women before, but she's just better. ❞

Genevieve smiled and nodded her head.

❝It's your first time being in love so I won't bother you too much. Keep in mind that I'm here if you need advising from a woman, son. I'll go find your father now. ❞Genevieve said standing up.

She have one last look to her son before leaving to find the King.

❝You won! ❞Philip shouted as he jumped down from his horse.

❝I did. ❞Zhia Xiang said getting down of her horse as well.

❝I enjoyed the race, I hope we can do it again in the future. I'd like to win against you. ❞Philip said looking at her with hope.

❝Alright, I will compete against you again in the future. ❞ Zhia Xiang said.

Philip jumped a little in excitement and pat Rose.

❝Brother!❞ Philip called and walked towards Victor. ❝
I've lost against your fiance, but next time I'll win for sure! ❞ The teenager added with a bright smile.

Victor looked at him and then at Zhia Xiang.

❝Work hard then. ❞Victor said.

❝I will.❞Philip added.

❝I got word Duke Albertine is here again with his daughter. ❞Victor said looking at Zhia Xiang despite facing Philip.

Philip groaned and rolled his eyes.

❝Him, again?! Brother, please tell them I'm sick or something. I don't want to spend time with those boring people. ❞Philip pleaded, holding his palms together in a prayer motion.

Victor nodded his head and turned around ready to send Duke Albertine off, but to everyone's disappointment, a servant followed by the two Albertines were approaching.

❝Oh no! ❞Philip exclaimed and hid behind Zhia Xiang who was observing silent.

Victor glared at the servant who guided the two here.

❝Your - your highness... Duke Albertine insisted we come here. ❞ the servant tried to explain, hoping he won't get punished.

❝Greetings, your highness. I hope you're in good health. As you know, me and my daughter are here to see prince Philip. ❞Oliver spoke in a soft tone, smiling from ear to ear in an attempt to please Victor.