Chapter 38:Dark magic.

❝What is the next mission? ❞Zhia Xiang asked as she looked through her rewards from previous missions, reading their descriptions.

❝The next mission is about Morgan Albertine, the daughter of Duke Oliver Albertine and  duchess Sophia Albertine. She was born with black hair and red eyes and was believed to be cursed since red eyes are associated with dark magic and evil. The Duke went crazy at the though of having a cursed child so he threw Sophia and Morgan out, leaving the two at fate's mercy. Sophia didn't care about her daughter's appearance or curse so she raised Morgan with love in a small house they could afford. Sadly, the happiness didn't last long as Sophia caught an illness and died due to not being able to afford treatment, leaving the eight year old Morgan. The girl was devastated by her mother's death and couldn't even mourn her loss as she was taken and sold as a slave. Here, her magic ends up killing her owners and thus, making everyone believes she's truly an evil witch. She ended up executed by being burned. ❞ Agent 0 explained.

Zhia Xiang stopped her scrolling to pay attention to the nearly unbelievable story.

❝Poor child, she was only eight... disgusting. You're saying she truly was cursed? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝Not exactly. The world we're about to enter has magic. Magic can be light or dark, the most usual is light magic, but people with dark magic exist as well, but they're considered evil. Morgan was born with powerful dark magic therefore her eyes were red. ❞Agent 0 explained.

❝I see. What's our task? ❞Zhia Xiang asked.

❝Revenge. On her father and the one's who burned her. ❞Agent 0 replied.

❝Alright, it's time to create chaos. ❞Zhia Xiang said and pressed the accept buton with a evil grin.

When she opened her eyes, she saw flames surrounding her. She was tied to a steak, and people were cheering on her death.

❝Couldn't find a better moment to transport us? ❞Zhia Xiang asked looking at agent 0.

❝I don't control that.❞ Agent 0 replied nonchalantly.

Zhia Xiang rolled her eyes and freed herself by ripping the rope to everyone confusion.

❝What is she doing? ❞ a man from the crowd asked concerned.

❝You see, I may have guessed that fire will try to welcome me in this body so I made myself fire resistant. ❞Zhia Xiang said smiling as she stepped through fire, making everyone scream in terror.

❝The witch! She didn't burn! ❞

❝Devil! She's the devil!! ❞

❝Run! She'll kill us!! ❞

❝You had your change to leave this poor child alone, but when do humans learn? Now you really fucked up because I feel sadistic today. Shall we try human bacon? ❞Zhia Xiang spoke calmly, in a childlike voice as she raised her hands in the chair, chanting a few words.

Tall walls made of dark magic surrounding her execution place, leaving no exist option for the panicked crowd.

❝You evil being, return to the place you belong to. This place is protected by God and we are his devoted followers. You can't hurt us as God is our merciful lord that will protect us against evil like you. May the God's power strike you down! ❞ The priest that lead Morgan's execution began to pray, trying to stop Zhia Xiang.

❝That might have worked if I wasn't a human just like you. ❞Zhia Xiang said as she took the book from his hands, burning it to ash.

The priest fell onto his ass, crawling away in fear.

❝Leave this land, beast! ❞ He shouted loudly as Zhia Xiang walked slowly after him, taunting him.

❝Beast? That's a new insult, pretty boring if you ask me. ❞Zhia Xiang added mockingly as she caught the priest by his leg.

The priest shouted and struggled to escape,but useless against Zhia Xiang's strength.

❝I'll sent you to see your God now. That if you deserve it. ❞Zhia Xiang said, her eyes glowing as she let fire escape her hand and travel on the priest's body, burning him alive.

The rest of the witnessed were terrified, hugging each other, crying, some fainted from fear, some had their guards up, ready to defend themselves.

Zhia Xiang giggled and turned around, making some people flinch and close their eyes.

❝Why so scared? I'm just an eight year old. ❞Zhia Xiang said smiling.

❝Stay away, monster! ❞

❝Devil! ❞

❝Devil? Monster? I'm sad to announce you that I'm just a human, like you all. Do you not understand why you're going to die? Let me guess "I'm an evil creature that wants to kill you all for my pleasure because I'm so evil"? Has any of you realized yet that you killed a eight year old child because you're stupid? A fucking child! And why? Because she was sold as a slave by you and killed her owners? You all practice slavery and think you deserve to live a peaceful, happy life?! Hell has a special place for you and I'll be the one to send you there. ❞Zhia Xiang spoke calmly with a large smile as she approached them.

Screams erupted from the crowd as Zhia Xiang sent fire to them, watching as they run and try to stop the fire. To their shock, the walls created by Zhia Xiang didn't allowed anyone but her to use magic so they have to chance of surviving.

After the fire stopped, Zhia Xiang broke the walls, leaving the massacre in plan view.

❝Find out what's Oliver up to. I'll destroy all he has before destroying him. ❞Zhia Xiang said, sitting down for a break.

❝Alright. ❞Agent 0 replied and disappeared.

Zhia Xiang took a pill out and swallowed it. Her body changed from an eight year old to an adult.

❝That's better.❞ Zhia Xiang said as she stretched her body. She began to walk around the town, juggling with the money pouches she took from her victims. She stopped in front of a tailor shop, looking at the clothes displayed, thinking what would go better on her.