Chapter 37:Two faced(7).

❝Excuse me, I'm Cassandra's sister, may I know if you saw my sister today? She hasn't returned home and I'm worried that something may have happened to her. ❞Helene spoke in a worried tone, holding a napkin in her hand to collect the fake tears.

The male guard looked at her pitiful state and felt pity towards her.

❝My lady, your sister left with the headmaster after she finished her schedule. ❞ the guard replied.

❝The headmaster? May I know his name? ❞Helene asked, gripping the napkin tighter.

❝Edric Heroux is his name. That's all I can say, you should go now. ❞

❝I see, thank you,good sir. ❞Helene added before she left, stomping all the way to the carriage.

❝Is she having an affair with her superior? Is that why she seems to not care about William anymore? Shit, I have to change my plan then and catch this Edric quick. ❞ Helene thought.

❝Do you know where Edric Heroux lives? ❞ Helene asked.

❝I do, would you like to go there? ❞

❝Yes, please. ❞

The carriage drove off and soon Helene arrived in front of a big, luxurious mansion.

❝He's a wealthy man, look at his baby. So luxurious, I wonder how the interior looks like. ❞Helene wondered as envy filled her expression.

❝Just you wait sister, I'll get him like I got William and you'll have no one.❞Helene promised, returning inside the carriage and back home, making a plan to deal with Edric.

❝What if she decides to leave? Then I'll lose this luxurious house and most certainly, my job. I've been to careless. ❞William said as he poured another glass on whisky.

❝But then Helene is also Alec's daughter, am I right? If I marry her then I'll be safe. ❞ He added, thinking of the best way to assure a luxurious life for himself.

❝It seems like I've won. ❞Edric declared, smirking.

Zhia Xiang looked at the board and raised her hands in the air, defeated.

❝You're not a master of chess for nothing after all. ❞Zhia Xiang replied, looking down at her state. One more layer and she'll be left in lingerie,unlike Edric who still had his pants and undergarments.

❝Then? Do you have the courage to keep our deal? ❞Edric asked, supporting his chin on his hands, looking at her.

Zhia Xiang looked at him and stood up, taking the last layer off, remaining in her lingerie.

Edric whistled appreciative and smiled.

❝I'll admit, this was the best match of chess I've ever played. ❞Edric said.

Zhia Xiang sat back down and served herself with a pastry filled with berries jam.

❝May I ask for a favor? ❞Zhia Xiang said.

❝Of course. ❞

❝I have a presumption that my sister will try to find and flirt with you. ❞Zhia Xiang said, finishing the pastry.

❝Hm? And what do you want me to do with her? ❞Edric asked, twirling a piece of her hair between his fingers.

❝Be rude and push her away. ❞Zhia Xiang replied.

❝Is this part of your plan or are you a little jealous? ❞Edric asked jokingly.

❝Jealous? Is there any reason for me to be jealous? ❞Zhia Xiang asked, licking her dirty finger.