The Proposal

“Mommy, will Daddy be okay?”

        “Yes, angel. Daddy will be okay.”

        “Mommy, when will Daddy wake up?”

        “When Daddy wants to wake up, baby.”

        I smiled to my kids and helped them down Victor’s bed. I am glad Vianne was rescued and she got home safely. But Victor was critical when he got home. After Victor was operated in Sicily after he was shot by Yuania, he was sent here in Caserta to receive more medication. It was not safe for him to return to Denmark now. We would return to Denmark after he recovered.

        The kidnap was aired around the world and knew Yuania’s crime. The people think she deserves to be in prison and does not deserve the throne in both countries.

        The Parliament of Denmark gave her lifetime sentence in His Majesty’s Pleasure.

        It was a week since the kidnap happened and since then, Victor has not yet woken up. I went to trials for Yuania and I stood as witness. The Danish Parliament members who wanted Yuania for a Queen were put into sentence. Those who were in the Parliament before Victor was King were the ones who put Yuania into view and they just started ruining my happy marriage.

        I saw their faces and I remembered how it went after Yuania was put into jail.

“Your Highness Principessa Geiyianne…”

        “Your Graces, I did not expect you here.”

        “Italy is where you belonged that is why you don’t belong to the Danish Monarchy.”

        “You destroyed the beautiful marriage we have! Now you have to feel what I felt when you destroyed my family!”

        The men with me suddenly panicked. They were still not sentence but I would make sure they would because of treachery.

        “You are not fit to be Queen!”

        “And you? Fit for either crowns? This moment is laughable. I cannot contain it but I have to for the show.”

        “What show this is!”

        Sarcasm. It is my best friend and I will join them in this scene if they want.

        “I am born to be Queen, I am born to rule—“

        “And Yuania is!”

        “Have you been paid? I know I have not concrete evidences but I think you wanted to manipulate Yuania to manipulate the country for your sake! You wanted the country. I think Victor wouldn’t want to be manipulated that is why he ended their marriage himself! I think you wanted to protect your assets and let your crimes to be hidden. Even if I don’t become Queen of Denmark, I will ensure your life in jail once I have concrete evidences. By my pleasure.”

        Their eyes widened and they all fell on their knees. I think I got them. Security from the court rushed to me and escorted me out. I even heard mourns from them as I exit the gruesome hall.

        “Princess! Please! We beg of you, please don’t!”

They will do just everything to ruin anything that comes along their way. But I will not permit them.

        I sat down Victor’s bed and stared at him. Vianne and Frederick were taken by Nuanna. I am glad she woke up. Elena gained consciousness at last and she told me what happened.

        They were in my kids’ room playing with them. She was very fond of them and envisioning what would her children be when they grow up. Then after a while, a maid went in the room and she took out a knife. That’s when Vianne ran to the bathroom and Freddie hid in the curtains.

        Nuanna fought Yuania and she ended up being stabbed on her right waist and Elena went to Vianne because she was more a suspect for kidnapping. Elena ended up being hit by a vase by Yuania and she was kicked on her tummy that made her bled to death. She almost died while being operated but her son was safe.

        Nuanna also told me the story. I told them to calm down and forget what happened.

        I cupped Victor’s cheek and rubbed it with my thumb. “There is no doubt you are going to be the greatest Daddy in the world. Vianne and Freddie call you Daddy King. I am Mommy Queen. They want you to wake up. I want you to wake up. Is this how you feel whenever I am attacked by headaches?” I kissed his cheek and I felt a movement from his hand.

        “Victor?”

        I saw Victor’s eyelids move and they slowly opened. Once he saw me, he smiled at me and I return it with a wider smile. He reached for my hand and I held it for him.

        “You’re awake…” I sob.

        “No, I think I’m still asleep.” He smiled wider.

        I pouted. “Why so?”

        “I’m in seventh heaven looking at you right now, Gei. I think I’m dreaming.”

        “Stop the delusions, Victor. I’m real. This is real.”

        He smiled more. This is the sight I want to see this sight forever. “I know this is. But it feels like it’s a dream.”

        “This isn’t one. I’m glad you’re awake.”

        “I am too.”

        “I don’t know how to thank you for saving our daughter. I am incapable of saving her because of my condition.”

        “I know how you could thank me.” He smiled devilish.

        “How?”

        “I never imagined doing this right now. I am not down in one knee but I really would be down once I got my limbs working.” He laughed and I just smiled; my very genuine smile. “You could thank me by doing the favor of becoming my wife again and be my Queen, to stay at my side for all times. Be the mother of our many children.” My eyes widen and he laughed. I just rolled my eyes at him. “I love you, Geiyianne. I have never wanted anything in my life rather than this. I want you so much to be back in my arms again. I want to secure you here just like what I promised years ago.

        “There would come many persons in our life to test us, but I want to stay as strong as anyone could be. Geiyianne, marry me again and let us have the impending happily ever after laid in front of us all along.”

        My tears just came and I am deeply overwhelmed by this shower of love by Victor. I can imagine the life with him, imperfect for a normal person but this is perfect for me.

        “Yes, Victor. I will do the favor of marrying you.”

        He wriggled on his bed. “I don’t have a pestering diamond ring right now but I will, okay?”

        “You don’t need to give me a ring, Victor.” I giggle.

        “That is protection from your long list of admirers.”

        I rolled my eyes. “Admirers? You have only met one!”

        “There are blokes out there who wants you.”

        “Jealous like a cat. It doesn’t suit you, Victor.”

        “And would it with you? At the sight of it, I want to laugh. You only have my heart and forever will it be yours, Queen Geiyianne.”

        “And I you, my King Victor.”