The Wedding

This ring is absolutely heavy.

        I looked at it while I wait for the signal from Eduardo. I’ll be marching down the aisle again and be meeting my King. This ring resting on my finger was a blue diamond with an emerald sitting beside it. They were enclosed by vine like structures of platinum and the band was also made out of platinum.

        Mom and Dad were already marching down. Vianne and Freddie were being readied because I am going to walk with them. Vianne became our flower girl and Freddie is the ring bearer. Our first wedding rings were replaced.

        Paige and Jamie became my bridesmaids together with Elena. Nuanna was with the senior sponsors. This is the biggest wedding Denmark has ever seen they say.

        I heard the horns inside the Archdiocese. Eduardo went outside and he was rushing.

        “Places now!” He approached me and helped me with my wedding gown. I feel like Cinderella with my gown because it was like her gown. But it was full of lace.

        “You look more beautiful than your first wedding, Your Majesty.”

        “Sheesh… Your Majesty. That’s going to be my name for all my life now, right?”

        He laughed and he fixed my hair looked for smudges and dried the sweat if there is. “You are beautiful in your first wedding but you are more than that right now, Principessa.” He paused. “No, no. You are now Vostra Maestà Reale La Regina Geiyianne.”

        I giggled. “Right now, I am to be Din Kongelige Majestaet Dronning Geiyianne.”

        “Wow! Your Danish is improving, Your Majesty.”

        “Thank you. I think we must proceed inside?”

        He blinked and he clapped. “Oh yes! I almost forgot. Places now.”

         Vianne and Freddie were beside me. They smiled to me and I held their hands. My bouquet is on my left hand where Vianne is and Freddie, in an Air Force uniform with a small sword on his right waist, was on my right. My children represent the stronger bond of the future family we would have. Vianne and Freddie will sit behind us and will witness this remarkable day.

        I heard the violins play inside and the choir started to sing. I began trembling. I felt Vianne and Freddie’s grip on my hands became tighter and I smiled at them. They must felt the nervous mother beside them.

        The doors opened and I walked with my kids. Eduardo was just beside us. Once I stepped in the Archdiocese, the Parliament members stood up and vowed to me and my kids. Vianne and Freddie were happy with the attention but Freddie was slightly unhappy. He’s an introvert just like me. Vianne is Victor is every way.

        I was halfway down the aisle when I spotted Victor in his dashing uniform. It wasn’t the same uniform but it looked like it. I didn’t feel like it was our first wedding, I felt ecstatic right now, unlike five years ago, I felt suffocated.

        He looked me to the eyes and it seemed like there was only me and him. I walked further and I felt like I was being drifted by clouds. The little angels beside me were my Vianne and Freddie.

        I would never be the same person I was in the past after I say my ‘I Do’ to Victor.

        Mom and Dad met me after the long walk through the aisle. Mom kissed me and took my tiara that represents my Crown Princess title. I looked at Dad and he took my left hand and slipped a ring that represents my motherland, Italy. Dad went to Victor and he took off the consort medal and pinned it on Victor’s uniform. He also slipped a ring like mine’s but smaller on his pinky. It represents Victor and his role beside me as my consort.

        Grandmom Victoria stood up next and took my kids from me. Victor was escorted by my Dad and he gave my hand to Victor. This is entirely a different ceremony. I have not known this ceremony until now. This was the first time that they crowned an Italian Monarch into the Danish Monarchy.

        I smiled as Victor took my hand and helped me up the altar. We sat on the twin thrones and Victor never let my hand go.

        The Archbishop started the ceremony and they added the reading of Gospels for my coronation. Victor was already wearing his crown and I am to be crowned by Queen Victoria.

        Now, we have to exchange vows. The Archbishop recommended us not to change our vows to keep the originality. And they now view it in a deeper meaning.

         “I, Victor, will love you forever, Geiyianne. Will cherish and protect you as long as I shall live. I will never break your heart. I will never let you be placed behind my duties and responsibilities as King. You are my Queen, the love of my life, the woman who I will love for forever and ever.

        “I may not be perfect, but for you I will do my best to be the man who is worthy of your love. I already gave you my heart and I will continue giving it to you. I will promise to have you safeguarded in my heart, my arms and keep you there and our children even when I breathe my last. I love you very much, Geiyianne.

        “This will be the last that I will vow in front of God and in front of my nation and yours. Let us forget the pains we have endured a long time ago. My Queen, my life, the mother of my many children.” I laughed and the people with us laughed too. “I love you, forever and ever.”

        Victor slipped the wedding ring from the Archbishop and kissed it.

        “Your Majesty.” The Archbishop murmured.

        I cleared my throat. “I, Geiyianne Seraphine Rivardacci di Capodimonte, have become a Crisford once and now twice but forever I will be. I will not be weakened by the circumstances given to us and be the light in our forever lasting marriage.

        “I promise to love you forever. Be your wife, to serve you, to help you on your duties. I will stay positive whenever in times of grief. I will be strong when you are weak. I will be your best friend still; I will be the best mother of your children. Your heart is safe with me. I love you, Victor, truly.

        I took the ring from the Archbishop and I slipped in on Victor’s left ring finger. How I love this man.

        After this, I solemnly vowed to the crowns and to the Parliament, especially to my citizens.

        I went down on knees. I was clothed with a robe by the Archbishops with Victor’s help. Queen Victoria stood up with her crown. Her robe was already on me. She approached the Archbishop and removed the crown. The Archbishop took it and blessed it. While blessing me and the crown, the Archbishop slowly lowered the crown on my head until it was already fit there. Then Queen Victoria removed her ring on her pinky and slipped it into mine.

        “Din Kongelige Majestaet Dronning Geiyianne Seraphine.”

        The Parliament stood up and clapped. I stood up and looked at them. I was presented again by the Archbishop and I bravely stared at the crowd.

        The crown was heavy, by the way.

        I returned to my throne and looked at Victor. There was another reading from one of the Archbishops and the singing of the songs. The ceremony ended. We stood up and blessed our marriage.

        “Now I pronounce you, King and Queen! Long live the King and Queen of Denmark and Italy! You may now kiss your bride, Your Majesty.”

        Victor turned to me and he was lucky I didn’t have my veil cover my face. He cupped my cheeks and he slowly moved his face to mine.

        “Alas, mine again, my Queen.”

        I smiled so wide and he kissed me.          

        I am now again his and he will forever be mine again.