The Old Friend

Geiyianne’s Thoughts

“Can you help me?”

        I made an overseas call to Belgium for Elena. She’s now the Queen of Belgium and living happily with her husband. I need her help on the impending ‘Hunger Games’ battle between the guys in the Grand Halls. I was now in the staircases behind the castle, very far away from them. I will talk to the staffs about the games. I will make arrangements that the two guys will sleep in the same room and they have to be far away from each other.

        “Why, Geiyianne?” Elena said from the other line.

        “It’s Victor and Erol…”

        “Who is Erol?”

        “My ex-boyfriend who is now a Duke of Milan.”

        “That hot guy who posed for Forbes because he was just crowned?”

        “I don’t know about that. But if it is the Duke of Milan, it’s Erol Visconti.”

        “Why do you need help?”

        “The two guys want to marry me.”

        “Who do you love more?”

        “Victor, but…”

        “No buts Geiyianne. One will be hurt and one will be happy. But if you’re not that decided, I will fly there if you need help. Paige and Jamie are there, right?”

        “Yes, why?”

        “Paige and Jamie owe me something.” I sense her smile from the other line.

        “I think they owe that when I was not around. Please help me, Elena, okay?”

        “I will be there first thing in the morning.”

As promised, Elena arrived first thing in the morning. I just woke up when Elena called telling me that she was already in the airport. I had to rush my bath and run down the Castle to wait for her arrival. I think the Castle is overflowing with royals.

        When Elena arrived, I was shocked to see her big tummy. She told me she is already five months pregnant but I didn’t expect that her tummy is this big! Has she been eating way too much?

        “Elena!” I called her as she climb down the car. She smiled at me and she gracefully walked towards me.

        “Geiyianne Crisford!”

        My eyes widened when she mentioned my surname when I was still married. Did she not know my maiden name?

        “Look at your face, Geiyianne!’ She giggled. “I know you’re not married so you’re a di Capodimonte again! I was just fooling around!”

        I giggled and tried to hide the tension I felt when she called me that name. I missed being called as Mrs. Crisford.

        “Let’s show you your room, Elena?”

        “Where is Paige and Jamie?”

        “They’re still sleeping…”

        She looked at me and she smiled mischievously. I think she’s planning something.

        “Do you have a bucket of ice and water?”