Part Eleven

Odin

"Heimdall, report." 

"All bases and covers are doing as well as ever," The man with nine mothers spoke. "However, Loki was sighted and was within Asgard's energies for a total of three hours, twenty-seven minutes and forty-one seconds." 

"I knew he would come back here sooner or later. Anything else happen with him? Did he take anything?" Odin had an idea of what Loki could have been here before, having kept a couple of tabs on him since his leaving, but he had to be sure. Absolutely certain. Because if he was... 

Then his plan was working perfectly. Everything would soon fall. 

"He was here for a singular golden apple from Idunn." Heimdall remained impassive, his posture as uptight and right as ever, though even to someone with an untrained eye it was easy to tell that he felt the furthest thing from comfortable in that position.

Odin's face morphed into one of shock. 

"Only one?" He mused. He had expected Loki to go for the apples, yes, but only one? Odin glanced at Heimdall through narrowed eyes. Could Heimdall possibly be lying about Loki creating an army to rebel against him? A twitch from his hand and golden magic swirled around the all-seeing brain. Odin entered Heimdall's mind but found nothing but a blank slate. Of course. He had natural protection from invasions of the mind, by the cause of his nine mothers. How could one forget. 

"Yes." Heimdall's tone implied certainty, and Odin was led to believe it to be the truth. However, he felt like there was something missing. 

"What else?" the All-Father pressed. 

"Idunn left with him." Heimdall's eyes swirled with gold. "Will that be all?" 

Odin let out a miniscule sigh. "Yes." He nodded to Heimdall, and Heimdall exited the room. 

As soon as Heimdall left the throne room, Odin glanced around the golden room in hopes of finding to break, like a vase or anything, really. He found nothing. Nothing other than his chair was allowed in the throne room- anything can be a weapon in the wrong- or even right- hands. 

So Loki only went for apple. He didn't get apples, because of Odin's tantrum earlier, but he did leave with Idunn. 

What was going on? Was Loki not creating an army like Heimdall had said? Why does he only need one apple? 

Odin brought his hands to his head and pulled at his greyed hair. Why can't everything be perfect in plans? Why does everything have to go awry? 

Odin then stopped. He needed to know what was happening with Loki now. A thought entered his mind. 

The fates. 

-------------

Loki

"Why are there golden flakes everywhere?" Loki looks to Idunn and sees that she looks very concerned. 

"Heyyyy, Loki? What are you doing here? Heh," you slurred, golden irises flashing up at him. Loki gupled. 

"My daughter is the equivalent of wasted right now. I'll get her some water. Can you take her to her room please?" Idunn headed to the fridge. 

"Yes, of course," Loki frowned, then headed towards you with a look in his eyes that you couldn't figure out, especially in your drunken state. Before you know it you're draped on his shoulder and are being lifted up stairs. 

"Wait what... p-put me downnnn," you lightly hit Loki and giggle. You feel Loki shake his head but he doesn't say anything. 

"Hey, say something you dreamy boy," you raise your hand and put it on his lips. Well, you try to. It hits his nose instead. 

Loki rolls his eyes. "Hey. It's nice to see you again, even if you are drunk on golden vitality flakes." 

"Gold vitty flakes? Is that what they are?" You giggle again. "I thought they were sprinkles."

"Well, they can be." Loki opens your bedroom door. He half throws you on your bed and then turns to leave. "Goodnight, darling." He's about to step out of the room when you stop him.

"Wait!" 

"Yes?" 

"Stay with me." It's a plea, and Loki is confused for a second before he nods. He takes the chair at your desk and rolls it to the side of your bed. 

"I'll be here." He smiles, and it's genuine. You grin. 

"Always?" 

"Always."