Chapter Twenty Four

Start from the beginning

"Anchored to the tree on my Two." Caleb said, pointing out an anchor point.

Analyzing their situation, Hunter considered every possible scenario, knowing Bravo team was waiting for him to make the call. Not only was he leading the op, but his specialty in the Navy was explosives.

We could go around it, but who knows what other surprises they've left out here. Were still a few klicks from the house and if they went to the trouble to lay down explosives way the fuck out here, there's no tellin what they've hidden closer to the structure. This is too fucking risky.

"Think you can lead us through it Sir?" Declan asked through the comms mic.

"I could, but I don't fuckin like it." Hunter returned.

Whoever we're dealing with knows this is the best pathway on foot and that the water gives them high visibility for boats...so we're going to have to head toward the coastline and sneak up on them from the side where they won't be expecting us.

"We're gonna double back and retrace our steps, then head for the coastline. We'll scale the beach and approach from the South East, huggin the coastline on foot. They'll be looking for boats and they wouldn't have laid explosives that close to the water." Hunter said to the rest of the team.

"Copy that." Declan replied, getting multiple hand signals from the rest of the team as they confirmed the instructions.

Moving swiftly and silently, Hunter and the rest of the team carefully moved toward the coastline, watching as the sun slowly started to rise. The darkness of night was a blessing and curse, sure it concealed them, but it also concealed potential explosives as well. Hunter was grateful for the visibility that the dim light offered at the moment.

His eyes never stopped moving and his jaw was locked tight as he led the team toward the beach, watching carefully for any signs of movement or any lines or wires that had been left in their path.

They were at the edge of the tree line and gathered to create a new plan with Nate and Caroline's assistance over the comms.

"You've got one tango out on the dock and one in the front of the house on the porch. The others are inside, looks like about 5-7 bodies in the house."

Hunter nodded, visualizing the layout of the property that he had memorized as he figured out where to place his men.

I need my snipers here and here to give us some cover on either side. Dec and I can wade through the water and sneak up from the dock in the back which will allow us to reach the house first, followed by Caleb who will have the most cover and is the most essential.

"Bravo two, I'm putting you up on that hill on the East side. Gives you a view of the front and side of the property, looks like there's a footpath. Keep your eyes fucking open."

"Copy that." Marcus said, already moving with his rifle clutched firmly at his chest.

"Bravo three, I want you on the opposite side, giving you a vantage point of the back of the house and the dock."

"Copy." Pierce said low into the mic at his throat as he slowly and carefully shifted his weight and moved to his position.

"Keep that shit quiet, we don't want them to know they've got visitors." Hunter instructed, letting his snipers know he wanted them to use silencers.

"Bravo One and Four - on me. We're gonna go for a swim." Hunter said.

"Hooyah." Caleb whispered.

The three men moved in unison, keeping their weapons up as they searched for anyone or anything that could be waiting on them. They lowered their bodies into the water, knowing exactly how to move to reduce the ripples and noise as they submerged themselves.