Chapter 72: Interconnected

Start from the beginning

Was this how Squad 10 felt?

Although Guy wasn't dead - only in a very incapable and incurable state. But even then, there was this twisted feeling inside their gut.

It consumed them.

Devoured them.

"Hokage-sama said that she doesn't have the ability to regenerate limbs," Guy said meekly. Weakness was leaking from his voice. Their teeth were grinding against each other.

"How about her Creation Rebirth technique?! Can't she use that to regenerate her limbs?!" Tenten cried out, despair overtaking her.

Guy let out a weak laugh.

"Her technique can't regenerate a person's limb, Tenten. It can only forcibly increase the rate of cell division. It does not heal old and damaged cells, and can only create new cells through division." They were in a hopeless situation.

And the cost of using the technique was very costly. By creating the new cells through the constant division, the user would eventually kill themselves because cells can only be split so many times.

"Guy-sensei," Neji said. "We'll avenge you! We'll do our best and kill Naruto!" An old friend that he used to admire had turned into an enemy.

"Don't," rebuked Guy, making them widen their eyes. "Vengeance is not what you want." Guy only looked up at the ceiling, holding back the tears that were threatening to fall.

"But. . . but! We can't. . . just forgive what Naruto had done do you!" Tears of pain fell over Lee's face, rolling down his face. They wanted to kill Naruto, but they had no power to back it up.

They were powerless.

"Then don't forgive. If you hate him, then don't forgive. Kill him - not for vengeance - but for the justice of humanity." Calming down. they sat down.

Guy let out another meekly laugh.

"Hahah. . . I'm still quite young, but I can't help but see it," Guy had a small and pain smile. "But I can't help but see the new generation taking over already." Even for a moment.

Things were calm.

~~~

Kakashi stood right before the memorial stone. The shining rays of the sun beamed right upon them. Names were engraved on the stone.

"Hey, Obito. How are you doing?" Kakashi asked. There was no one that stood near him; he was speaking to someone that he believed to be dead.

"We're getting quite old, huh? It was just like yesterday when we were in a team with Rin; and Minato-sensei leading us." He clenched his hands, forming a fist.

"Sensei's son. He. . . he. . . is not how you expect him to be. He is without a doubt a talented shinobi - maybe unrivaled. But. . . he dove into a path of darkness." A tear slipped out of the one eye that was visible.

"I don't know. Just like what. . . happened with you and Rin. I can't help but feel I failed once again. Now, Asuma is dead. Guy can't even function properly due to him." His head was dipped down.