32.

Unedited

Casey:

Both Diana and I paced back and forth in the hospital waiting room. Amelia was completely unconscious and didn't wake up when the ambulance got to the office. Everyone watched my poor fiancée be wheeled out by paramedics, Diana immediately telling me that she'll meet me at the hospital.

Ashley offered to come with us but I told her to hold the office down until I'm able to come back. I told her that she's responsible for everyone until Amelia is back on her feet again. She accepted the quest graciously and told me that Amelia will be okay.

I hoped so.

"Amelia White?" The doctor called causing both Diana and I to run over. I stared at him with blurry vision from the tears that uncontrollably leaked from my eyes. Diana rubbed my back as we waited for the doctor to tell us what happened.

"So..she had a heart attack-"

"What?!" I yelled before he could finish, causing everyone in the room to jump and glare at me. I swallowed hard and watched as the doctor smiled sheepishly before continuing.

"It's called broken heart syndrome, or takotsubo cardiomyopathy. We did an ekg and saw she has a slight arrhythmia as well. Has she been under a lot of stress?"

"Yes." I responded. The doctor nodded and showed me a graph filled with large lines going across the page.

"So as you can see her heart rate was above normal. I'm not sure how long this was going on, but she needs to relax. No more stress. If she has to take off from work, make her. Because chances are if this happens again she can die."

"Oh God.." I whimpered as I sniffed. Diana continued to rub my back as she let out a sigh.

"Can we see her?"

"Family members only." The doctor stated as he stared down at me. I scoffed and showed him the large ring on my finger and wiggled it.

"I'm her wife, and this is her sister. Don't be bias." I hissed causing him to be taken aback. He nodded and stepped aside and Diana scoffed before bumping his shoulder, pulling me with her.

We walked into the room and saw Amelia staring at the tv as she chewed on her Italian ice causing me to smile. She always found a way to have a snack at the weirdest times.

"Hi, mama..how are you feeling?" I asked as I walked over to the bed and kissed her forehead.

"I feel like I'm drowning but I'm okay. Diana, you didn't have to come." Amelia breathed as she looked over at her sister. Diana looked at me and sighed before looking at Amelia.

"I did have to come, Amelia. You had a heart attack. I wanted to make sure you were okay." Diana stated shakily, her cheeks turning bright red as her eyes started to water. It made me wonder how long she's been keeping tabs on Amelia for. She was extremely emotional and I knew Amelia didn't understand based on the confusion that was plastered on her face.

"Oh Dear, why are you crying? Did I really give you that much of a fright?" Amelia asked as she leaned over and wiped Diana's tears, causing her to smile and hold her hand to her cheek causing Amelia to look at me with panic.

"Erm-"

"Because I was scared my big sister was going to die." Diana sobbed causing my eyes to widen as I looked at Amelia who just stared at her with a look of fright and shock.

"Huh?! Your what?!" Amelia exclaimed as she pulled her hand away aggressively causing Diana to look up at her. Amelia analyzed her face for a second before swallowing hard and shaking her head.

"No. No. Can't be."

"It's true.." I breathed, causing Amelia to look at me and scoff.

"And how do you know, mate? What, you guys spoke behind my back?"

"She told me a few days ago, but you were so stressed I didn't want to tell you. She's your fathers daughter. You're eleven months apart."

Amelia laughed, before looking at my face to see that I was serious. She shook her head before looking at Diana who pulled a picture from her wallet and handed it to her.

"This is the only picture I have of him. He died when I was five-"

"I was five.." Amelia sobbed hoarsely as she stared down at the photo of her father. She kept staring before starting to hyperventilate.

"No no, this can't be right."

"All those business trips to America? Yeah that was to meet my mother-"

"NO! Get out! Both of you!" Amelia hyperventilated, the machines going crazy as she started to heave, the doctors rushing in. Diana and I both watched as the doctors tried to calm her down.

"I think it's best of both of you leave." The doctor stated grimly causing both Diana and I to sigh. I punched the air as we walked out of the window.

I just got out of the fucking dog house.

"You couldn't fucking wait?" I hissed at Diana as I watched her light a cigarette.

"I was genuinely scared. But, sheesh..she's scary." Diana sighed. I rolled my eyes and stared down at the ground in annoyance.

"I'm sorry, okay? I got emotional. Thought it was a-"

"It's not you. She was bound to find out. I'm just..fùcking Sheri. I think I need to pay her a visit." I huffed as I clenched my fists, remind myself of the time I beat her to a pulp.

"Well..I'll go with you."

"You know how to fight?"

"Oh me? Please, I'm a white girl from the Bronx. Of course I know how to fight."

I laughed and nodded before sighing and shooting Ashley a text saying that we won't be in tomorrow before looking over at Diana.

"Well..let's go."

"Wait. Let's wait. Let's see what happens with Amelia first. I want her calm."

"Okay fine. Let's go get a drink. I need a pick me up."