1.6 Last one ever

A meeting was called. After the three had got cleaned up, a meeting was called to decide Thomas's punishment.

Now, If you asked Isadora what she thought of this she would say it's bullshit. Thomas risked his life, and them get through the night. He saved her and Alby.

"Things are changing." Gally stated.

Oh yeah, and Gally called the meeting.

"There's no denying that." Gally continued.

All gladers sat on different levels in the meeting shed, as they listened to him. The keepers, however, stood at the front of the group with Gally.

"First Ben gets stung in Broad daylight. Then Alby. And now are greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the maze." Gally explained as Isadora rolled her eyes at him. "Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he saved Alby's life." Frypan counteracted.

"Did he?" Gally questioned. "For three years we've co-existed with these things. And now you've killed one of them." Gally said, turning to Thomas.
"Who knows what that could mean for us."

"What do you suggest we do?" Newt questioned.

"He has to be punished." Gally stated.

The crowd erupted with chatter for a few moments, before Newt spoke up.

"Minho, Dora. You were there with him what do you think?" Newt asked.

"He saved not only Alby's life, but my life too." Isadora stated smiling at Thomas. "He shouldn't be punished."

"Minho?" Newt asked after taking the girls words into consideration. Isadora looked at Thomas who smiled gratefully, before turning to Minho.

"I think. In all the time we've been here, no one's ever killed a Griever before." Minho began. "When I turned tail and ran this dumb Shank stayed behind to help Alby. And protect isa." He explained.

"Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it." Minho stated. "I say we make him a runner."

Everyone broke into discussion, either disagreeing or agreeing with the keeper. Dora thought it was a great idea, and saw the shock on Thomas's face.

She then heard Chuck begin to chant Thomas, and shook her head when no one joined him.

"If you wanna throw the newbie a parade that's fine." Gally shouted over everyone. "Go ahead. But if there is one thing I know about the maze, is that it does not-"

A rumbling interrupted them, then the greenie alarm sounded. Newt and Isadora looked at each other before they began to leave the room.

They began to run to the box, Gally and the others close behind. A greenie only comes once a month, yet after only a few days a new greenie was coming.