2.6 Thunder

Later, the group stop at an abandoned ship, and make a fire to keep them warm in the coldness of the night.

"Thought we were supposed to be immune." Minho stated as they all circled around the fire, Isadora laying next to Thomas who sat up.

"Not all of us." Teresa stated. "I guess."

"If Winston can get infected, we should assume that so can the rest of us." Newt said truthfully.

"I'd never thought I'd say it." Frypan spoke up, a tear slipping from his eye. "But, I miss the glade."

"Me too, Fry." Isadora mumbled making Thomas glanced at her sadly as she played with the bracelet made by Chuck.

At this, Thomas stood up making Isadora watch him. He went about two feet away and was about to tiredly get up but Newt stopped her.

"I'll talk to him." Newt told her and she hesitantly nodded.

"You haven't slept a wink since we left the maze have you?" Newt asked as he sat beside the boy. "Listen, Frypan was just letting off steam."

"He's right though. I'm the reason we're stuck out here." Thomas admitted guiltily.

"No, your the reason we're free. Now, the others may have their doubts, and that's fine. But they would follow you any where." Newt explained.

"They'd follow you too." Thomas stated.

"No, its different with me. You know it is." Newt added. "Look, we all have our roles to play."

"I don't know where we're going." He admitted. "We're lost."

"We've been lost before." Newt counteracted.

"Yeah, not like this." Thomas said quietly.

"There is a place for us out there. Somewhere. I don't know where it is, but I do know an awful lot of our friends died for us to get here and so we can't give up." Newt encouraged. "You can't give up. I won't let you. And you know if Isa was here, she would be ranting at you." Thomas chuckled.
"Come on man, get some sleep."

Thomas nodded as Newt got up and went back to the others, Thomas soon joining. He walked back over and layed next to Isadora.

She layed on her left side, her legs tucked in as her head lay on her arms. Thomas smiled at her and layed on his back.

He carefully lifted her, making her mumble. He froze before placing her head on his chest, allowing her to snuggle into him.

"Tom?" Isadora whispered her eyes still shut.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here. Go back to sleep." He comforted, gently scratching her back, lulling her back to sleep.

"M'kay." She hummed as she drifted off.