ƬŴЄṆƬƳ-Śł᙭

♫ You are alone looking at the moonlight in front of the window
The young white moonlight is her smile ♫
-- 大籽 (Da Zi), 白月光与朱砂痣 (White Moonlight With a Cinnabar Mole)

Michael answered the call in a heartbeat.

"Cel, mate! Finally! You gotta get help me! The woman got hit hard in the back of the head by this psychopathic mafia dude! Can you fucking believe it?! Oh, and I'm pretty sure she's suffering from a concussion, definitely needs some medical help, aaaaand she clearly doesn't want any, just telling me to throw her off somewhere."

Celeste's expression was broody. "Where are--"

Michael cut off Celeste unknowingly, it was obvious he was going mad with panic.

"I can't just throw her out on the road like a bloody rag doll, mate! I'm not that heartless! And that mafia dude is trying to catch us now, we barely managed to escape him, damn it! Sending her to the precinct won't help either..."

Michael increased the speed of the auto pilot mode of the car, keying in some random address to get away from this place as fast as possible.

He kept glancing to the back from time to time, dreading of seeing a car behind them.

"The woman's totally quiet too, like really quiet--shit, she can't be dead, can't she? I've heard of people dying from concussions before. Oh fuck--hey, hey woman! Lady! Peach!"

"Where are you?" Celeste asked, his nonchalant voice colder than usual.

"Uh, uh. Shit, where the fuck is this? This is--Löne, GPS! Use your bloody GPS! No, what the hell am I doing, the cars are equipped with bloody GPS. Fuck--I'm dumb, this is dumb. Everything fucking sucks."

If the situation wasn't so alarming, Celeste would have raised his eyebrows at the amount of profanities has used in the past few sentences, as well as how scattered his mind was at this moment.

Celeste recieved a shared location on his Löne, zoning in on their location within record time.

"There, I shared it! I fucking shared it! And damnnit woman! Are you dead? Ya can't be dead, right? Lady! Hey! Peach!"

A groan was heard, and Celeste heard a female grumbling in the background.

"Shut up...! Or I'll just throw us out...both of us. Stop screaming..."

Peach just drifted off after that, and Celeste's heart skipped a beat, hearing her familiar high-pitched voice.

She's alright.

The sense of relief that coursed through him made Celeste baffled, but he didn't dwell on it.

"Oh thank god, you are okay--are you going to puke? Please don't puke in the fucking car."

"Stop shouting...just go away."

Celeste took off from his desk, garnering bewildered stares from various people and he reached the parking space of the precinct quickly.

"Stay there, and stay on the line." Celeste demanded.

"Stay here?! You insane, mate? I'm not gonna wait here like a drongo, waiting to be slaughtered! You wanna know who that bloody bloke was? Fucking Rui, the right-hand man of Lu Ruoyi!"

"Calm down. How did you escape?"

Celeste spotted the sleek motorcycle parked at the far end, its material smooth and reflective. It was his personal motorcycle, and a birthday gift from his parents and brother.