ṆłṆЄƬЄЄṆ

♫ I’m in love with you 하나뿐인
You’re my Double Jack ♫
-- Boa, Double Jack ft. Eddy Kim

"Fine, I was getting tired of wearing this wig anyway," Peach removed her wig quickly, and her pastel peach hair unravelled, cascading down her shoulders as she ruffled it. "And these damn contacts too. I'll borrow your washroom for a moment."

Peach disappeared to the storeroom and the two men watched her go. Maddog hurriedly scuttled back when Peach gave him another glare, and he looked at Celeste with a pitiful look.

"Little Ash, even if I was a little obvious, couldn't you just ask her about it later?"

"It wasn't a little, Mekhi. You were looking at her the entire time, and your body language showed me how nervous you were, and your stuttering too, just says it all." Celeste explained nonchalantly. "You've always been a bad liar."

"I don't need you to tell me that." Maddog grumbled out.

Peach walked out from the storeroom, her contacts gone and she was back to her milky peach eyes. Her handbag seems slightly thicker now. She sighed, seemingly upset as she walked towards Celeste.

Seeing Peach in a white blouse and black leggings, along with heels and makeup. The two men couldn't help but gawk openly, she rarely dresses in such a feminine manner.

"Here, arrest me." she showed Celeste her wrists, not noticing their staring.

Those words snapped them out of their dazed state, especially Celeste. He only frowned at her words, glancing down at her wrist before looking her in the eyes.

"What? I'm the main suspect, and I can't do my business properly now with murder on my name," Peach nudged her wrist closer. "So, arrest me."

Peach had to cancel all of her deliveries because of this. Thus, one can only imagine how upset she was at everything.

"I don't think Little Ash is interested in arresting you, Peach," Maddog looked at Celeste who was still staring at her wrists.

Celeste was preoccupied with how fair and slender her wrists were, despite being one of the best runners among the night couriers. He had expected to see some scars.

"He knows that you were framed, and he knows what Crimson actually is."

Peach raised her eyebrows, surprised and when she realised Celeste wasn't making any move and only staring silently. She retracted back her wrists slowly, still waiting for Celeste to make a move but he didn't.

Celeste only looked her in the eyes, his face impassive.

"I was asking if there was anyone capable of forging any kind of signatures in Neo." Celeste finally spoke.

"Wow. You...really don't suspect me at all, like not even a little?" Peach questioned, still trying to recover from her surprise.

"I know you enough to know that you aren't capable of murder." Celeste stated.

"You mean stalking me?" Peach took a step forward, crossing her arms across her chest.

"I was tracking you down."

"In a obsessive and stalker-ish manner."

Maddog observed quietly, reaching into his pocket to take out a cigarette, grabbing the lighter from the drawer. He leaned against the counter, entertaining himself with his lenses as he swiped his finger in the air.

"It was my only choice."

"Oh, really? Your only choice? How sad."

Maddog drew in a breath, exhaling it as he continued moving his fingers around. He was marking different spots on the virtual map in front of him.