Chapter 3: We're just friends

Mia and Stella had went offline later, after discussing about crazykid for sometime and changing the group name to something stupid now and then. Riley stayed, which was a very unusual thing, since she's the first one to exit a chat and be the least active on most days. Today seemed to be her 'active day'.

"How are you going to know more about him?" Riley asked curiously, "Will you ask him more?"

"Look Riley, if we ask him that very openly, he may not exactly like it. You know, privacy issues and stuff. But if we don't ask him, we can't know well about him either. So what do you think I'm about to do?" I asked, knowing very well how people might think if we try to know more about them on the internet. If I were in crazykid's shoes, I'd get creeped out if a random guy/girl wants to know further about me. However, in this case, I had all rights to know why the lolguy messaged me and who he was, but at the same time, I didn't want to be seen like a worm digging into a hole even more like an irritating person. So, this is the only way I had to know who he was while still keeping up my formality.

"You gonna do... It?" She asked with a surprised-face emoji.

"Yes babe! It!" I laughed.

"Oh God, let me buckle up for a show!" She too texted a laughing emoji while I reacted to her chat and then logged on to Instagram, ready for whatever I had in my mind. I began from where I and crazykid had stopped talking before when he suddenly went offline.

"Okie, he's out. I'll just start the prank," I said to myself, going to my accounts section and making a new account named "Lolgirlsis". I know, it's a stupid name, but perfect for a stupid person.

No, I didn't just call myself stupid. It's lolgirlsis who's stupid.

Besides, it rhymed with my nickname for crazykid - lolguy. 

'Hi' I messaged crazykid from that account, knowing that he'd reply at any minute from now. However, unlike how he replies to me, he came only after half an hour. To make him reply faster to the fake account, I had a big urge to message him from my main account so that he'd reply right that second and see the other message too. However, I knew how that could impact this prank and that he'd somehow figure out the relation between me and this new fake account. Besides, fake accounts are usually very identifiable - not many or no followers/following at all, no posts, no profile photo/username/description, none of the main stuff that an actual Instagram account requires. Mine was such an account, and I knew that crazykid could identify that, but that wasn't my concern - my focus was only on getting to know why he messaged me and making sure that he didn't find the fact that I was the one handling this account too. 

He later replied to the new 'fake' account with a 'Hi'

I shared my main account named 'R_b01' with him and asked 'Do you know her?'

RB stands for Rose Bilton, though my full name does include a middle name 'Lawanda' which some of the kids at school call me by. But I prefer just my initials on most of my social media accounts because it sounded nice.

'Yeah ik (I know), who's this?'

I know you do.

'I'm Rachel, her cousin. How do you know her?'

Of course I don't have a cousin named Rachel. Deep inside my heart, I somehow had a sort of regret for lying to him and tricking him even though we'd talked so much for the past few days. But then, I told myself  that he's no one of mine, not even a friend yet, and that I've all rights to be suspicious about a complete stranger and to trick him just to get the actual truth. Most people on the internet don't tend to reveal the truth to someone they talk to, but might reveal it to someone else. And that's exactly why I was using this trick.