Chapter 251 (Part 1 & 2)

Start from the beginning

According to the forums, Gongzi You's time was worth at least 300,000 gold coins. Even if we're not exploring a dungeon, and the price is halved, I would still have to pay her at least 150,000 gold coins.

150,000 gold coins...

Blossom's entire possession was not even worth 1,000 gold coins. For him, 150,000 gold coins was something that he would not be able to earn in his lifetime. If only I kept my cool after hearing the name 'Gongzi You'. I would still be at the Town of Blair looking for a party. I would rather be looked down upon by the players there than to have a debt of 150,000 gold coins...

He was crying internally.

While Ye Ci could not read his thoughts, she could still see the Blossom's shift in mood as the man sat dejectedly on the ground, completely giving up on gathering more ores.

"Is your inventory full already?" Ye Ci raised her eyebrows. It can't be full so soon.

"No." responded Blossom with a depressed voice.

"Well, carry on then! Or are you expecting me to help you out with gathering the ores?" Ye Ci was baffled by Blossom's sudden change in attitude.

"I don't feel like it anymore."

"Eh?"

Blossom stared at Ye Ci with a saddened expression, "Gongzi You, I can really only spare 100 gold coins. I have 120 coins with me, but I need 20 gold coins to rent a lab... I guess I'll have to pay you back slowly in the future when I earn some money by selling my products."

"Pay me? What for?" Ye Ci was baffled by Blossom's words. She was a person who would not overlook even the tiniest of details, but even she could not understand the meaning behind Blossom's words.

"I owe you 150,000 gold coins..." Blossom almost cried.

Ye Ci was baffled by his words, "150,000 gold coins?" she had even began to suspect that she lent a huge sum of money to the man in a distant past. If that's not the case, why else would he owe me such a large sum? Wait... I don't remember lending money to him.

"I wouldn't have joined your party if I knew that you're Gongzi You..." Blossom was depressed as he thought of the fact that he had already incurred a huge sum of debt at the beginning of his gaming life.

"Oh?" Ye Ci narrowed her eyes and stared at Blossom. She wanted to know what was going on in the person's mind.

"Well they said in the forums that people would hire you with 300,000 gold coins to clear a dungeon. You've been escorting me for almost an entire day, so even if we're not in a dungeon I'll still have to pay you at least 150,000 gold coins. But that's a lot... How am I going to pay you..." Blossom was depressed.

Ye Ci stared silently at Blossom. She had a sudden feeling that he was an idiot. He was honest, but was also an idiot. This was a rare phenomenon in itself in modern society. A naive person like him would never stop moving forward to achieve a goal, which was why people like him tend to succeed easily. Ye Ci did not know how Sir Ditty was able to recruit this honest, naive, and slightly foolish player into his guild, but if he was sincere in his words, Ye Ci had a way to bring him into her guild.

It was a golden opportunity.

I'll be the idiot if I can't get Blossom to sign some form of contract with me.

"How are you going to repay me?" Ye Ci's eyes were two narrow slits at this point, and the ghost of a smile appeared on her lips as she stared at Blossom, "You can pay with your person of course."

Blossom was stunned. Cough raked his body as he nearly choked on his saliva, and his face was a dark shape of red.

Ye Ci was dumbfounded by his response. Did I say something wrong?