"Hey," Sophie replied. "What did I miss?"

Fitz laughed,  Tam and Wylie not far behind. "Everything," they said in unison.

Sopjoe rolled her eyes. "Thanks," she said sarcastically. "You guys are a real help."

"Aw, your welcome!" Keefe said, flashing her his crooked smirk.

Sophie was about to reply when Biana cut in. "Okay, what do we want to do first!" she was smiling wickedly.

"Uh," Sophie said awkwardly, intelligently. "Should we set up first? Where are we sleeping, anyway?"

Biana pointed to the living room. "In there. And no, who sets up for a sleepover this early? The sun is still out. We're having fun first!"

Marella grinned. "What if we played Never Have I Ever?"

Lihn jumped up and down, breaking her usualquiet demeanor. "Yes, yes!" she squealed. "We are so doing that!"

"How do you play?" This was Dex, of course. He looked confused.

Sophie jumped in to explain, not trusting Biana, Lihn, or Marella to do it right. "You pick someone to ask never have I ever to, and if they've done it, then they get to ask. If they haven't they have to answer a truth."

Dex paled a little, but still nodded. "Okay."

Keefe smirked, always with the smiles. He was the only one who hadn't been hit very hard during the Neverseen battle.

Which was a lie. Sophie could see it in his eyes whenever he stopped grinning for a second, whenver he allowed himself to be seen.

His mom had died in that battle.

Her blood had stained his tunic.

There was no way he hadn't been affected, but stupidly, stubbornly, he refused to let his casual, happy facade down.

Fitz simply nodded, dragging Sophie back down to Earth. He exchanged a glance with Tam she couldn't read.

Marella motioned to the stairs and said, "Guest bedroom. Let's go."

No one argued, and we set off.

Keefe's pov.

Marella led us up the winding staircase. How she knew where everything was was a mystery to Keefe, but he shrugged.

Whatever.

When they were in the guest room, she said, "Okay, everyone sit in a circle."

Arguing with Marella, Keefe knew, was a.death sentence, so everyone settled down at her say so. He plopped himself down next to Sophie. Fitz was on his left, with Lihn next to him, and around the circle it went.

"Okay, who's going first?" Lihn asked.

"I'll go," Keefe offered, instantly. He turned to Sophie, who tucked a piece of hair behind her ear nervously.

"Okay, never have I ever....kept a secret entirely to yourself, without telling anyone at all, ever."

She flushed, the tinest bit. "Uh, yeah. A lot of them, actually. I still do."

She clamped a hand over her mouth like she hadn't meant to say that.

Keefe leaned closer, dropping his voice down.."Care to share any of those secrets, Foster?"

She flushed, but didn't look away. "No way. And it's my turn," she added, changing the subject. She leaned away, a little, and for some dumb reason Keefe felt his heart sink. "Okay, uh, Biana! Never have I ever gone a day without makeup."