"Oh my god." Iris laughed a little, "What's the other reason that you're here then?"

The Royal Merchant.

Iris didn't know much about it now.

But she would soon enough.

And her part in it would be crucial.

"Pope, don't say a word, and you too, JJ. You've done enough tonight." Kiara said, crossing her arms and glancing at both boys.

"I'm not going to pry if you guys don't want to tell me."

"Oh, we're not telling you anything." Kiara shot back, making Iris roll her eyes.

"I didn't ask you to tell me anything, Kiara."

"No one wants you to be here right now, Iris." Kie spat, glancing at the hickeys on her chest briefly, "You're all covered in...Rafe...and it's highly disturbing."

That stung.

Iris already felt alone enough most of the time when she was surrounded by the people she loved.

But hearing it from someone who didn't like her struck a nerve tonight.

And it hurt.

And it made her want drugs to take the pain away.

Distract me. Someone distract me, she thought.

"Kie, that's enough." JJ spoke up, "Why don't we just sit here in silence until John B and Sarah come back?"

Iris sensed that Kie hated when JJ stuck up for her. It also made her feel bad. But why was he doing it so often now? It's as if he was protecting her.

"That's a great idea." Pope agreed as he glanced over at Kie, who was looking the opposite way.

Iris, on the other hand, was sitting beside JJ in the back, just staring straight ahead.

Too much silence leads to her overthinking.

And overthinking led to...bad decisions.

She tried to focus on what was in front of her. What could she distract herself with?

Pope was reading some book about astronomy, but where the hell did he pull that out of? I guess reading and studying calms him down.

Kie, still looking out the window, frowning and picking at her nails. She must do that when she's anxious or upset.

And JJ, well, he was having a beer and glancing at everyone from time to time. He seemed a bit agitated, yet he was always kind of antsy.

The four of them sat in silence for at least ten minutes before they heard yelling outside and they all shot glances at each another.

"You guys hear that?" Pope asked and they all nodded.

"What if it's John B and Sarah?" Iris spoke up.

"Then we've got to go help them. We have to go check it out." JJ said, moving towards the door.

"It's pouring out, JJ!" Kie said, trying to stop him.

"That's the point, Kie." JJ opened the door and hopped out as Pope followed and finally Iris.

Kiara stayed in the Twinkie for a minute before finally deciding to go with them.

The four of them heard Sarah yelling and bolted towards the lighthouse, only to see John B on the ground and Sarah hovering over him, crying.

"Sarah, what happened?" Pope yelled as they ran up to them.