Marbles

Once everyone breaks off into pairs and the timer runs out the players who have a partner are show into another room, leaving Mi-Neyo, who wasn't able to find a partner due to the odd number of players that was caused by the death of the doctor. The room the remaining players are shown into looks as though it is modeled after a small town. When the door closes the players listen to Mi-Neyo shout and plead for the staff members, "I need a partner! where's my partner? Let me go! Please! Bring my partner here, you jerks! Where's my partner?" Eventually the players can no longer hear Mi-Neyo fighting and they are left to assume that she has been eliminated due to her inability to participate in this game.

"I'm so sick of that whore," Deok-Su chuckles, "it's nice to think she won't be in my way again."

Deok-Su's partner, player 278, chuckles along with him, "and, uh... what she said about you in there, you working with the doctor..."

"It's nothing," Deok-Su lies through his teeth, worried the staff members will realize he was cheating as well and he will end up like the doctor. "That beat was so desperate, she said whatever she could."

Opal rolls her eyes, able to hear Deok-Su since he and his partner are next to her and her partner. As she shakes her head she looks around, her eyes landing on Sang-Woo, who is looking over to her. He gives her a small smile, which she returns before they hear the woman on the PA, "attention. All players, please follow the staff to your designated position for the game." A staff member walks up to each of the pairs and takes them somewhere, causing Opal to wonder if they are playing Hide and Seek. As the lead the pairs to their playing areas Opal notices that Sang-Woo and Ali are being lead to the opposite side of the playing area and her heart sinks. What if they are going to have to play against each other in different groups? What if there's only going to be two groups and the losing group dies?

A similar fear comes to Sang-Woo's mind, but the likely hood that they separated them into pairs to put them in one group, seems unlikely. If anything he thinks they will send one team out and then send a team in the opposite side to find them. If they are even playing Hide and Seek. There are hundreds of other games that are played with teams of two. As the walk Sang-Woo places an arm around Ali's shoulders, "Ali, look at me. No one can stop us if we work together."

Ali looks up to Sang-Woo, "I think you and I could really win the money. Us and Miss Opal, of course."

"All right," Sang-Woo pats Ali's back, "let's go this and get out. That money is ours to give to both our families."

"Let's do it."

Once everyone is in their places the staff members turn to the team they are escorting before the woman on the PA explains the game, "players, please take one bag each from the staff member before you." The staff members hold up to grey bags and the players take them, opening the bags and finding marbles inside, "there should be a set of ten marbles in each bag. Please check to confirm the number."

Opal dumps the marbles into her hand and counts them, confirming she has ten. 196 then sighs loudly, "it's marbles. Do you even know how to play marbles?"

"Yeah, of course I do," Opal scoffs, "they have marbles in America too, dumbass."

Then the woman on the PA continues, "I'm this game, using your set of ten marbles, you will play the game if your choice with you partner. The players who managers to take tall ten marbles from their partner wins."

"Fuck," Opal sighs as she looks over to 196.

196 shakes his head, "well, what game are we playing?"

On the other side of the floor Sang-Woo now realizes that he has to bet someone he has come to consider a friend, in order to stay with Opal, stay alive and win the money. Him looking up and taking a sharp inhale as he hears the PA, "you will have 30 minutes for this game. Let the game begin."