Names

The team sits together in their little area, Opal with her head basically in Sang-Woo's lap, she's trying not to fall asleep but it is a losing battle. She is just awake enough to hear the conversation going on around her, "are you alright?" She hears Gi-Hun ask after the old man sighs.

"Huh?" The old man responds.

"All of the... that was dangerous. When did you get up there?"

"We were worried about you, sir, when you disappeared." 199 moves a bit and as he does, he nudges Opal, scaring her.

She jumps awake and looks around, terrified, "hey, hey," Sang-Woo tries to calm her down, placing his hands on her cheeks, "it's okay."

"I'm sorry, ma'am," 199 looks over to Opal, regretting that he woke her up.

Opal rubs her face, something Sang-Woo now notices she does every time she wakes up, "it's okay." She shakes her head a bit before leaning back against Sang-Woo, barely able to keep her eyes open.

"Nobody here got hurt, so that's good," Sang-Woo gently rubs Opal's back, not helping her stay awake by any means.

"Uh, well," Gi-Hun looks around the group, "at this point, we should know what to call each other. Why don't we go around and tell each other our names."

"I know your name already, though," 199 chuckles, "Ssangmun-dong."

Gi-Hun chuckles, "Ssangmun-dong is just my hometown. The name is Seong Gi-Hun. Seong Gi-Hun of Ssangmun-dong."

Opal looks up to Gi-Hun from her leaned position against Sang-Woo, "you sound like some kind of mythic hero when you say it like that."

"Maybe I am?"

"What about your name?" Sang-Woo looks down to 199.

"Ali," he smiles up to Sang-Woo, "Ali Abdul."

"And where are you from?" Gi-Hun shrugs.

"Pakistan."

"Pakistan? Where is that?"

"North of India," Sang-Woo looks over to Gi-Hun.

"He's right," Ali nods.

"Of course, he is," Gi-Hun pats Sang-Woo on the shoulder, "this man here went to SNU..."

"Cho Sang-Woo," Sang-Woo cuts off Gi-Hun, either because he is tried of hearing Gi-Hun brag about him going to SNU or just tried it Gi-Hun in general even he doesn't know. "And this is Opal."

The group then looks back to player 067, who is sitting behind and away from the group. She looks to the group a bit confused, "come on, really?"

Gi-Hun clicks his tongue, "we're all teammates here now. We should really know about each other, build up a little trust, okay?"

"Kang Sae-Byeok."

"Sae-Byeok. That's a pretty name. Though I'm not sure how well it fits."

Opal has to cover her mouth to avoid letting out the gasp and burst of laughter that's trying come over her as Gi-Hun says this. As she does Ali looks to 001, "and what is your name, sir? If you don't mind."

"What?" 001 looks up, as if he hasn't heard the conversation, "my name? Oh. It... uh... let me think. Hold on, it... So... they call me..."

"It's okay," Gi-Hun chuckles, "hey, old man, you must be really shock up today. You know when I'm stressed my home address slips right out of my head."

"Mm, but you never seem to forget that your best friend," Opal gestures up to Sang-Woo, "when to SNU Business School."

"It'll be okay once you get some rest." Gi-Hun looks around, "so does anyone have any fun stories? Help us get to know each other."

"Do you think that's a good idea? It'll make it harder on us if one of us doesn't make it."

"Maybe it'll give us a reason to fight for each other?" Gi-Hun looks around to his group, but everyone stays quiet, "come on, nothing? Opal, you're young, you don't have any fun party stories or anything?"

"None anyone wants to hear."

"No, come on, it'll be fun. I've talked about Sang-Woo and I as kids. What about how you got that little scar above your eye?"

"That story is..." Opal shakes her head.

"Come on... please."

"Uh," Sang-Woo looks down to her, "I'm actually interested in hearing that story."

"Yeah, but," Opal looks from Ali to 001, "it's just not appropriate."

Sae-Byeok chuckles, "we've watched people die in here. Who cares if it's appropriate."

"Okay," Opal it's up and leans back against the bunk railing behind her, "uh, I went out one night when I was, like, twenty two, met a guy at a bar, we got wasted and somehow ended up back at his place. Things process and we move to the bedroom. Things continue on and at some point, while we are both half dressed, and we'll just say, the 'Captain' decides to pop out the front of his boxers." Opal laughs a little bit, one from just remembering the story and second from being a bit embarrassed. "My drunk ass goes, 'holy shit, I'm gonna need a chair and a whip to tame that thing.' I make a roaring noise and mime cracking a whip. When I did that, I fell off the bed because I throw myself off balance doing my whip crack and fall backwards off the bed. I turned halfway to try to catch myself and ended up busting my head on the edge of the table. It drove my eyebrow ring, that I had at the time, into my head and I immediately started gushing blood everywhere. I stood up to a facial expression I will remember till the day I die. I didn't think I had hit my head that hard, because of the liquor, and I was just like 'what? What's wrong?' And he just said, 'oh, my God,' really quietly. I learned later on that I looked like Carrie and my face was covered in blood."

Everyone in the group, even Sae-Byeok, laughs at Opal's story. Sang-Woo looks down to her, "I didn't know you had an eyebrow ring."

"I ran away from home because I don't like my dad, you really think I didn't rebel with piercings?"

"Good point."