As long as we're together (Apocalypse AU)

Just a quick thing, I will be making part 2 of Extraterrestrial, I just don't have the time right now!

(This is post-apocalyptic btw)

TW// Zombies, Blood, cuts, graphic descriptions

"Only steak again?" The ravenette sighed. Life after the apocalypse hasn't been fun, and probably won't be for a while. The thruple's house was falling apart, and their well-paying jobs suddenly fell out, and they were closed to being evicted. (Is that the right word?) The roof was close to collapsing, they had to salvage money and sell most of their furniture. There was almost nothing left. No point to anything.

"I'm sorry dear" Karl sighed. "It's the only thing we have left." Karl felt sorry for Quackity, the three knew it wasn't their fault and there was nothing they could do but hope, but they felt as if they could've stopped this, which we all know is far from true. 

Karl turned on the flimsy sink and started washing his hands with the few dribbles of water that poured out of the faucet. (Tap for my non-American readers) 

They were poor right now, but they knew, as long as they were together - the three of them, they could win any battle.

"I promise once we get enough money, I'll take you both out on a date, to a nice restaurant or something." Sapnap piped in, poking at his undercooked steak.

And Sapnap kept that promise. 

Things started getting better. Quackity found a temporary job at a casino, which made fairly good pay. They payed off all their bills, and now, the bill for their meal. 

"I'm glad we're finally getting somewhere." Karl chuckled to lighten the mood, as the three got into their car.

"Yeah! We aren't losing our house which is a plus." Quackity chimed in.

"I knew we could get through it. As long as we are together, us, Karlnapity, can power through anything!" Sapnap said triumphally, trying to cheer everyone up. 

Needless to say, it worked.

Five years later, things were going better than ever. The three had found jobs as Youtubers and Twitch streamers, gaining a rather big audience. Today, they were going to do a long awaited QnA for their fans. They got their camera, and hit "go live."

They did their usual intro as questions started appearing.

"Oh! Here's a good one." Quackity said, gaze fixated on the device held in his hands.

"Endrsx asks, "What was your life like in the apocalypse?"

"Ooh, that is a good question." sapnap replied.

"I can explain this if it's alright with you two." Karl said, earning to nods of approval.

"So, we were in the kitchen, making breakfast the day it started. Nothing out of the ordinary, until an alert came on on the TV." Karl started. "Telling us to stock up on supplies, as the apocalypse was starting. It was always joked about, and how we could use one to get rid of some of the stupid people in the population, but none of us expected it to actually happen. Karl's facial expressions began to falter. "I remember the door of our getting broken down, and about a dozen zombies clambering in at once. We managed to fight off the hoard, but Quackity got bit. He had a big wound on his knee, and blood was dripping down to his ankle!" Karl paused for a moment to read the chat before continuing. "We didn't think we could save him, his veins were visible through the gash. (Idk if that makes sense but oh well.) and it was really disturbing."

Karl talked about their life through the apocalypse, and their life after. He explained how even right now the streets weren't fully cleared of the event- but people were cleaning up everyday, trying to erase the event from history as a whole.

And now, 60 years later, the three lie on their death beds. Recalling all their amazing memories they had in their final moments. 

They never expected their relationship to last a year, let alone almost 70. But at the same time, the knew. They knew as long as they were together - Karlnapity, could win any battle. Even a battle against the undead.

WC: 703