Chapter 6

Lorenzo

I've been in this life for 14 years now and I still haven't found Lilly, I don't know whether she was born on the other side of the world, for all I know she could have been born as a Native American in America where as I was reborn in Spain, as the second son, I decided when I was 10 and with support from my father, I was sent to Istanbul to become a janissary, the most feared army in the world. For the last 4 years I've been training and still haven't completed my training to become a janissary, the chief that watches over the children training to become janissary have brought me to Rome for a ball, the sultan has asked the chief to be an ambassador to speak with the pope. For some reason he brought me along, after weeks on the road, he still hasn't explained why I was brought along, "why exactly did you bring me along?"

"You were brought here because Hürrem sultan has tasked me to find a girl with purple hair and eyes that's here in Rome as a gift for the sultan, I need a young man to keep an eye on her so she doesn't run off, the sultan has dreamt of this girl," I burst out laughing, "so that's why I'm here, I'm here to bring Lilly or I'm guessing she's called Liliana here to the sultan, she's here?"

"You know her?" I shrugged, "yes, i guess you could say I met her a long time ago, that should make it a lot easier to bring her with us since she already knows me," he nodded, "very well, she will be at the ball tonight, find her quickly," I nodded, so Lilly cast her spell calling out to the sultan, she found who it is that our lives will revolve around, now we have this piece of information, I just need to bring Lilly back to Istanbul, she may have a difficult time in the harem. After I get her there, there is nothing I can do to help her beyond that, no men but the sultan and eunuchs can see or get near the woman of the harem, everything will be up to Lilly to find what doesn't belong and only then we can go home, I relatively quite enjoy this life but it's not really my life.