Chapter 1

Lilly

Laying on my stomach as I read the book in front of me, I read through mum grimoire, I glanced up to see Lorenzo jump back with his staff in his hand, using it to block a attack spell from Justin, Lorenzo raise his staff into the air, the blue jewel that sits on top of his staff glowed, stamping it to the ground, the earth raised up in a spiky line in Justin direction. Justin used his staff to block Lorenzo attack spell, "stay focused Lorenzo or your attack spells will get weak and will fade away before they even reach your opponent," I yell to Lorenzo, "I know but I'm not good at attack spells, you know that."

Sighing, I got up from where I laid down, going over to Lorenzo side, I pulled my wand out of my hair that I used as a hair pin to hold my bun in place, in taking it out of my hair, my hair fell down and landed on my shoulder, raising my wand into the air, I spun the end of my wand a little as it pointed upwards into the sky, "flash of light," saying the words of the spell, dark clouds appeared out of no where, lightning came down from the clouds.

It came down to my wand, using my wand it control the lightning, I used the lightning like a wipe as Justin backed up till he fell over backwards, the last strike of lightning I struck it right in between his legs, just a inch away from his crotch, leaving scorch marks in the training ground field, laughing as I let the power of the lightning spell fade away. I turned to Lorenzo, "now that's how you do an attack spell, it's really not that difficult Lorenzo, do you want me to teach you one of mine or do you want to work it out yourself?"

"Of course you find it easy, your an incredibly powerful witch even though we don't even have a rank yet and no, I want to work it out on my own just as you did," Lorenzo made me smile, I'm glad he wants to do it on his own instead of using me to better himself but Lorenzo will never get as powerful as me. We maybe partners with one soul and always be the same rank but that doesn't mean we'll always be just as powerful as each other, there are spells that Lorenzo is better at then me but when actually talking about levels of power put into spells, I'm far more advanced than him, if Lorenzo learnt my lightning spell I just did. If he used it on someone when in a fight or training, the worse he can do with it at his power level is maybe stun them and nock them out but if I used it and used all my power in that spell, I could easily not just kill them but roast them alive till all that's left is just a chard body with smoke coming off it.

"Lorenzo, Lilly, it's time for you to pick your sires," Valerie the assistant to Philip of fifth rank and head of the sire assessment team came in, "alright, we'll be right there," going over to where I was laying down, I picked up mum grimoire, leaving the training field with Lorenzo, we walked through the hallways of the coven to the animal floor. Walking past rooms where sires go for check ups with their vets, we walked up to the front desk, "ah there you two are, I've been waiting for this day since the day you were born."

Philip says with a chuckle, the old man that has been working in this department and rank since he was 30 years old, he's now in his 70s, he helped both our parents get their sires and he grew up with all our grandparents, "I've been waiting for this day since I was a little kid," I've wanting to get my sire since I discovered that I could get my sire when I turn 18. "Well what sire is it that your after?"

"I want a wolf," Lorenzo tells Philip, Philip steps away from the desk, going into the back room, he comes back a second later with a baby grey wolf in his hand, "aw, he's so cute," I can't contain how I felt, "she is cute," Lorenzo says as he takes her from Philip and cuddles her in his arms, "wow it is true, you really do get a instant bond when you see each other."

"What about you Lilly?" Philip turned his attention to me, "I want a tiger, just imagine cuddling with that when your sick, it will be so comfortable," Philip smiled and like with Lorenzo, he left the desk and went into the back room and a few moments later, came out with a little baby tiger in his arms, the moment I looked into my sires eyes, I could see that my tiger was a boy and he seem like a cheeky little thing at that. Taking him from Philip arm's, his little nose sniffed my face, gave me a little lick on my cheek and then bite my purple hair, "what's his name?"

"Tae-o," scratching behind his little ear, tae-o purred as he snuggled closer to me, "what about you Lorenzo? What's your little darling called?" She opened her mouth in a playful attempt to bite my fingers when I bopped her adorable little black nose, she gave me a barked, telling me that she wants to play, "hurry up Lorenzo, I think someone getting a little restless."

Lorenzo smacked my hand, "then don't set her off, Anna, her name is Anna," Philip took out a large book from under the desk, flipping through what looked like hundreds of pages till he reached a new page, he picked up the quill in the ink pot beside the book, he wrote our names, dates, what animal we chose and their names. "Here, I just need you to sign this and their all yours," handing tae-o over to Lorenzo, tae-o and Anna seemed to have a argument made up of barking and meowing at each other whilst I was signing my name but tae-o seemed to win when he bopped Anna on the nose with his little paw. Anna looked so shocked that she hide her face in Lorenzo armpit, "come here you two," taking them into my arms so Lorenzo could sign his name in the book, once he was done, I gave Anna back to Lorenzo as we walked out of the room, "I wonder what your latest girlfriend will think when she sees Anna, do you think she'll feel jealous that nearly all your attention will be on Anna or be blown away by how cute she is?"

"Probably jealous since besides you, my mum and sisters, Anna now the most important girl in my life, what you with you schmuck of a boyfriend?"

"He's not a schmuck and he'll be jealous of anyone having more attention than him, he can be a pain a ass sometimes but he's not so bad, he's actually a really nice guy if you just put in the work to get to know him," Lorenzo rolled his eyes, "the day I get to know that prick and actually start liking him and approve of you dating him is the day that satan skates to work."

"Ah you are such an ass whole, you know if we weren't partners and had our souls bond as one for the rest of our lives, I would have ditched you years ago," Lorenzo laughed, "oh believe me, I know that fact better than anyone else," if I could, I would get a new best friend but I can't since as parents, we're stuck together forever and there's nothing I can do to stop that.