Chapter 2

Naomi's POV:

I smiled as I cradled our little ball of Joy in my hands. The sweat ran down stinging my eyes but I couldn't take my eyes away from her, fearing if I blinked she would disappear. 

"Naomi, you should get some rest you've been pushing all night, I'll take over"

"She's just so pretty Eddie" I gushed as she yawned.

"I know, we made her, so hand her over and get some rest."

 He wiped my forehead of sweat and helped me clean up, he changed the straws on the bed but it was a lot softer than usual. I looked down to see a bed on the elevated rocks. 

"Where did you get this?"

"Don't worry, Kathy brought it back here so we could sleep more comfortable, she also brought that Moses bed for Katrice here" 

"Are we joining her pack?" I asked excitedly.

"Nothing is finalized, we'll see where it goes after staying a few months.

" Well, it's something" I pouted.

" I'm just worried that water might seep in when the rain falls so I placed a sheet of the board beneath the bed."

"Don't worry, I used my powers to waterproof the cave."

"Do you think we can turn this into a cave house, I can collect wood to build a wall to block out the wind. "

"It would be perfect, you could also do something about the floors I don't want the rock poking her when she starts to walk."

"Aye Captain now get some rest"

"Fine" He pulled the blanket over and took Katrice from my arms before I knew it, I fell asleep. 

Edric's POV:

"Well, it's just you and me for the next three hours until your hungry little Kat" I poke down to her.

I heard you shouldn't speak to babies in a voice because they mimic the sounds they hear and don't want my daughter speaking like Barney, she'll hate me.

I stepped outside with her wrapped in a blanket, I stood on the edge of a cliff. 

"You see all that Wild cat, I pointed to the Wolf Howler's Territory.

"Daddy's working hard so we can become a part of it, os you'll have friends and other kids to play with and mom can invite people over and they have their mom talk sessions and I'll probably chill with the dad's if I become social enough."

I looked down at her to see her big blue and brown eyes staring up at me. She made me feel like I could do anything and had something to fight for. 

" Your gonna be such a badass like your ops when you grow up. "

She made a sound as if agreeing with me.

"Don't tell your mom but I love you more" I whispered.

Her hand went up to her mouth and she chewed on it, I took it as her sealing her lips. 

*3 Months Later*

Katie Came once a week and brought stuff for us and Katrice all the time, proudly claiming the title of Godmother. She adored Katrice and promised we'd Join the pack as soon as she became Alpha. James had been making a fuss about my mistake in trespassing on their territory and because she wasn't Alpha as yet, he constantly clashed heads with her over the issue. We were in no rush happy with what she did for us and we're happy enough to wait two more months until her ceremony. 

I was constructing the wall in front of the cave and Naomi went down to the stream with Kathy to shower.

"Naomi, I am not lying, you don't have a mom bod, your stomach is so flat it wasn't even there" I heard them as they walked back up.

"I do have a bit of tummy"

"If you have a tummy, then I'm a whale."

I nailed in the last piece of board and tested the door, it was perfect. I made us a table and more elevated bed frame added a few torches. The cave was quite spacious and thanks to the solar panel Kathy gave us a few weeks we had electricity and with that came light and Air Conditioning, which she all installed for us.

I turned around and saw they came into view and Kathy took a look at the house.

"Nice Job, Edric, it's looking great "

"All thanks to you"

"It's not much but it should be for the next few months until I move you guys in"

"It's more than enough, this is the first time I'm sleeping in Air Conditioning," Naomi said and I felt a pang of guilt sh must have felt it too because not a second later her free hand was on my back rubbing it assuringly.

"Well, Just remember to put the plastic up then the fabric over it to keep the cold air out, I have to get back for training see you later."

"Yeah later" She hugged Naomi and sent a sharp nod my way.

"So this is us for the next two months."

"Yeah for the next two months" 

Naomi took a deep breath.

"Wanna see inside?"

"I thought you'd never asked."

I wrapped my hand around her and led my two girls inside.

Author's Notes

Another Day Another Chapter 

'Once you fall in love, you really love that person through thick and thin."

-Oka Chinami, 'Golden Time!'