Chapter fourteen 👑

Start from the beginning

"That'll be too over the top" Na'ilah said in an uninterested tone.

"Naaaa, it'll be perfect" Fauziya brushed her off.

"I bet on the cat that I don't have that he isn't coming to propose to you" Na'ilah mumbled under her breath.

Fauziya's movement stopped "How 'bout a proper bet?" A smug smile etched her face "If he proposes to me, then you'll give me those heels that I've been dying for"

"Bottega?"

"Bottega veneta"

"Okay then, what's in it for me"

"You'd have anything you want from my wardrobe"

"Deal!"

"Great! Now lemme go get ready"

Now here there where, Fauziya asked the maids to put up some balloons and ready the glitter guns. After redoing her makeup,she got dressed in a  long abaya with a lot of hand applique shiny stones in intricate designs. Those kinds that people were to special occasions. She decided to ditch her shoes so that it'll look neutral.

She gave herself a once over then checked the time which read 9:58

She gave herself a once over then checked the time which read 9:58. Perfect! She thought and made her way downstairs.

Ding dong

"He's here" Fauziya squealed into Na'ilah's ear making her roll her eyes. As planned, Fauziya would stand at the foot of the stairs while her friend would stand few steps ahead of them to get a better view for the video.

When someone opened the door and Khalil stepped in, the first thing Na'ilah noticed was that he didn't look giddy or anxious. If anything,he looked distraught,but her stupid friend was too blind to see it.

He stood in front of her and Fauziya covered her mouth thinking he was about to go down one knee for her.

"I'm sorry Fauziya, I got married yesterday" he deadpanned and Na'ilah   thought of it as a heartless act.

"YOU WHAT! ! "

He sighed.

Fauziya began to laugh. At first it was a giggle then it turned to a full blown chortle. "Did Aaman put you up for this" then she increased her voice to a shout "Well played Aaman,well played" she shouted thinking he was somewhere "but your tricks won't work on me"

Khalil exchanged looks with Na'ilah before resting his gaze back on Fauziya like she had grown to heads.

When she saw the serious look on Khalil's face,she punched slightly "I know I'm supposed to be surprised but I've seen this in a video" she laughed again "Your plan is to put me in distress then when I'm down, you'd propose, right"

Khalil openly gaped at her. He was speechless.

"Right?" She got no reply which only prompted her to look closely at Khalil. She searched his eyes for any trace of lark but couldn't find any. Then it dawned her.