Nine

Kongpob had for some reason gone home early today so Arthit was dismissed too. As he had no work to do he remembered that he had told Bright he'd call him back this morning.

"He-" Arthit was cut off by an eager Bright even before completing his greeting.

"Arthit you've called at the perfect time. I'm looking for a gift for my boyfriend please help me choose something good for him." Bright's relieved voice greeted Arthit as soon as the call was picked.

Arthit rose his eyebrows confused. "But I'm not good at those things Bright."

"Ai'Arthit don't do this to me. I'll treat you to dinner just come to the mall. I'll be waiting." Bright cut the call saying that.

"Did he just hang up on me?" Arthit asked himself looking at the blank screen. A notification popped up. Bright had sent the address of the mall.

He packed up his things and hired a taxi. He'd get a free meal at least. Arthit's mind wandered to his friend.

Bright really loved his boyfriend very much. Although he was a playboy in university, after he had met the guy he'd become devoted to him and cared for him a lot. Arthit was kind of jealous of him. He already had a lover. And here he was having a crush on a person he'd never have a chance with.

Yes. He had figured out that he liked Kongpob. Else why would his heart beat accelerate seeing Kongpob smile. Why would he feel butterflies when he was near Kongpob. Why would he feel his heart tinge seeing Kongpob with someone else. It was definitely because he liked Kongpob.

The car stopped and he saw Bright standing there tapping his tapping his feet on the ground impatiently.

As soon as he stepped out of the taxi, his hand was held and he was almost dragged into the mall by Bright. They entered a jewellery shop and Bright pointed out at two pairs of couple necklaces.

"I can't choose between these two. Help me choose Arthit." Bright said looking frustrated.

Both of them looked good but there was one which caught Arthit's attention. The pair was gold and had dragon wings which molded to become a heart.

After buying it Bright took him to a diner as promised. They went inside and sat near a window.

"Shall we go to a bar after this?" Bright asked.

"No I have work tomorrow." Arthit answered his eyes on the menu.

Arthit was looking outside the window waiting for the food when he saw a familiar figure near the drinks stall.

It was Kongpob. And he had his arms linked with a woman. It was not the same one from the morning. She was talking on a phone, elegantly sipping on her drink. While Kongpob was carrying some shopping bags in his other hand and playfully glaring at her.

Arthit thought it best to not arrive to any conclusions and feel jealous of that woman. But when he saw her hugging him tightly and kissing his cheek, that did it. He turned away from them and towards Bright.

"Alright let's go to the bar after this. I haven't had alcohol in a while."

Bright just rose his eyebrow but didn't day anything. But of course he was more than okay with it.

Now that he knew that he liked Kongpob, he didn't want to see him with anyone. But of course they weren't boyfriends so he couldn't do anything. Except drinking to lighten his sorrow.

"I didn't think my boss would be a player." Arthit whispered but it was loud enough for Bright to hear. He was drunk.

Arthit hiccuped. "He not good, so bad. I hate him." He shouted making Bright who was filming him laugh out loud. Arthit was totally drunk and Bright was sober. It was a first. But Bright was totally enjoying seeing a drunk Arthit behaving like a child and cursing his boss.

Arthit reached for another glass when he was stopped by Bright. "Arthit you've had enough. Let's get you home now."

"Noooo..... I wanna drink more." Arthit whined looking at Bright with his big eyes. Bright had never seen him doing puppy eyes. It was rare. And he wanted to enjoy a little more but decided to drop him home. For his own safety. He already had the drunk clip to tease him. So that was enough.

--------
Enjoy!!<3