Chapter 16

*Shinsou's POV*

I looked over at Kaminari as he joked around with his friends. He seemed so...happy. Unlike I saw him the night before. He had been scared out of his mind, and he was probably still scared, but he did a good job of hiding it. Well, I guess he did have years of experience. 

I averted my eyes from him and instead focused them on the table. I poked at my food a bit more. 

"Shinsou! How are you liking Class 1-A by the way? We're pretty awesome, right?" Ashido asked. 

"Oh, um, I suppose. It's okay," I responded. 

"Oh come on! You have to have a better answer than just simply it's okay," she poked. I sighed. 

"The class is loud and annoying sometimes, although it's a nice class to be in, I guess." I gave in. She shrugged, I knew she wasn't satisfied with that answer, but she also know it was going to be the best one she got. 

"Alright, well," I tuned her and everyone else out, knowing that our conversation was over.

***

After school had ended, I waited in the teachers lounge with Kaminari for my dads. He seemed to be beatboxing with his lips and spit while swinging back and forth on his heels. I mentally sighed as I wondered how I feel in love with him. Wait, what?

"Alright, are you two ready to go?" Dad asked as he walked through the door, shouldering his bag. 

"Yeah, but where's papa?" I asked. 

"He needs to stay a little later to grade more papers, he said that he would walk home after he was done." Dad replied tiredly. I nodded. 

"Haha, yeah, he's probably stuck on mine. I have super messy handwriting," Kaminari joked. Dad glared at him, and he immediately shut up. 

"Let's go, you two. We still have to pick up Eri and Jayda." Dad said as he walked back out of the door he just came through a few minutes prior. Kaminari and I followed suite. 

We all entered the car, dad sitting in the drivers seat, me the passengers seat, and Denki in the back. Dad pulled out of the parking lot, and drove towards the daycare Eri and Jayda were currently at. 

He picked them up, leaving poor Kaminari in the middle of two squealy seven year old girls who had nothing better to do than loudly talk to each other over Kaminari. He didn't seem to mind at first, however, towards the end he seemed to start to get a bit annoyed. Which is why I told them both to be quiet. He sent a silent thank you my way after that. 

We arrived at the house, where Jayda and Eri immediately tried to run into their now shared bedroom, but dad quickly stopped them. 

"Did you both finish your homework?" He asked skeptically. 

"Yes!" They both said at the same time. 

"Okay then, show me," he said. Jayda and Eri both took out the the little homework they had and showed it to dad. He carefully examined it, and then handed it back to them. 

"Fine, you're both good to go," he said. Eri and Jayda excitedly started laughing with each other and ran to their room. Dad turned around. 

"And you two? Yes, Kaminari, I can see you, get back here." Dad had saw Kaminari trying to sneak away to our bedroom, and dramatically sighed when he had to be called back. 

He reluctantly showed dad his homework, along with me. 

"Kaminari, you didn't finish your history essay, and you didn't show your work for math." Dad sighed. 

"Wait I had to show my work? That explains why my grade for math hasn't been good..." Kaminari realized. Dad motioned to the island. 

"Go finish your homework there," Kaminari reluctantly took his homework back and sat at the island and started finishing it up. 

"Hitoshi, since your homework is done, you can go play with the girls." Dad said. 

"What? Why?" I groaned. 

"Your sister wants to spend time with her older brother, and I don't need you distracting Kaminari." He said fiercely, leaving no room for argument. 

"Fine," I sighed in defeat as I left the room to Eri's and Jayda's. 

After maybe an hour, I heard the front door open. 

"I'M HOME, DEAR FAMILY!" I heard papa shout. I sighed and left Eri's room, and saw Kaminari visibly very tensed. Dad was comfortingly holding his hand while rubbing circles into it with his thumb, whispering comforting things into his ear. 

"Oops," dad glared at papa. I quickly went behind Kaminari, and placed my hands on his shoulder, then slid them down to his chest, where I proceeded to give him a hug from behind, and started whispering some more comforting things. 

Eventually, Kaminari came back to the present. 

"Sorry, Little Listener, I forgot," papa apologized. 

"It's okay," Kaminari stuttered out. 

"Well, on the bright side," papa held out a couple of white plastic bags. "I bought us some take out!"