Chapter 14

*Kaminari's POV*

"Heh, yeah, I suppose it is, isn't it?" I responded shyly. Present Mic sat back down at the table.

"How about you start from the beginning? Before you got put into the foster care system?" Present Mic nudged. I nodded in response.

"So, oh God how do I start," I chuckled nervously. Everyone patiently waited for me to explain. I took a silent deep breath as I started. "I was about eight, maybe nine when I got put into the foster care system. I bounced around from house to house for about maybe two years? Some of them were better than others, most of them found me annoying, though. I eventually ended up at the Sakai's house, maybe four years ago? They said they had found me annoying, but they never exactly wanted me to leave. I think they liked having me around, if only for the money they got for fostering me and having me do chores.

"About a year after I got fostered into their house, Jayda had appeared. She was only four years old, and I have no idea what her past before that was. She didn't know much Japanese, and the few words she knew were broken. So, to help her out, I decided to learn English, so I could communicate with her more. After I started learning more, I started teaching her Japanese. When she started going to school, I had replaced the guardian phone number and name to mine." I explained. Mr. Aizawa looked at me in disbelief, Present Mic had a look of sorrow and pity, and I didn't even look at Shinsou. I looked down at my lap in guilt.

"That's...a lot for someone to go through, little listener," Present Mic eventually muttered. I didn't know what to say, so I just simply nodded in response, still looking down at my lap.

"Now, Kaminari, I understand this might be hard for you, but can you tell us about the abuse you went through?" Mr. Aizawa asked. I glanced up at him for a second before looking back down at my lap and fiddling with my fingers. I suddenly felt very small and insecure. I felt as if I was in this black box, and the walls were closing around me. I took a deep breath as the walls slowly started retreating.

"I guess, so, uhm," I started. I had no idea how to start this. I started thinking about the abuse. Mental and physical. I started thinking about how I could explain it.

"Kaminari?" I heard someone ask as I felt a hand place itself on my thigh. I flinched a bit and looked up, to see it was Shinsou who had spoke up and placed his hand on my thigh.

"It's okay," he reassured me. I gulped and nodded as I continued fiddling with my fingers, but less anxious now and more just for something to do.

"The abuse was both mental and physical. The physical abuse mostly came from Mr. Sakai while the mental abuse usually came from Mrs. Sakai. She usually guilt tripped and manipulated Jayda and I into staying there, saying how their home was the best home we were going to get, and that we would get cared for the best there. She would also tell us how we should be grateful that they even took us in and had a roof over our head and comfort, and that some kids weren't even that lucky. Mr. Sakai would just beat us, mostly me, because I took the blows for Jayda, if we did something slightly wrong." I quavered. Shinsou at one point started rubbing comforting circles on my thigh.

"Thank you, Kaminari. That's all the information we need from you right now. Present Mic and I will give this information to the detective working on the case, and we'll start talking about solutions." Mr. Aizawa stated.

I suddenly jumped out. "Please don't separate us! She's just a little kid, and I see her as a blood sister, I can't loose her!" I begged. Present Mic stood up and put a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"It's okay, kid, Shota and I were actually talking about adopting her. She seems to get on with Eri well, and we wouldn't wish for her to go through the same experience she just went through. She needs to be in a home where we know she'll be safe in, and can peacefully grow up in." Present Mic comforted.

I exhaled in relief. "Thank you so much,"

"It's whatever, problem child. Although, maybe you should start thinking about what'll happen to you." Mr. Aizawa said.

"Oh, yeah, what'll happen to me?" I asked. Present Mic chuckled.

"You'll be living with us until you join another agency. Most agency's let their sidekicks live there if they wish. But, that'll of course be after you graduate. You're old enough to take care of yourself, but you'll still be living here. Besides, you'll be able to help Shinsou take care of the girls, and do some other chores later." Mr. Aizawa explained. I nodded along with everything he was saying.

"Alright," I said.

"Now then, Little Listener, why don't we go check on those wounds and help heal them up?" Present Mic offered. I nodded as I went with him to the bathroom, exiting the kitchen. He stopped in front of Eri's room, that contained of Eri and Jayda playing.

"Do you have any bruises, scratches, or anything you need treated?" Present Mic asked Jayda. She nodded and point to a spot on her ribcage.

"Alright, then, come on, and we can get it treated for you." Jayda nodded shyly and followed Present Mic and I to the bathroom. He sat us down, and started treating our wounds.