Chapter 12

Kaminari's POV

Shinso had just left. I flopped back into my chair and let out a sigh of relief. That didn't last long, though. I soon heard heavy steps on the stairs, and I slowly turned my head in pure fear and horror. 

The door flew open and in came Mr. Sakai, and before I knew it, he was already over to Jayda, and smacked into the wall on the other side of the bed, she let out a shrill scream. 

I quickly got up and got in front of her. "Don't touch her with your filthy hands!" I shouted at him. He slapped me, and I landed on the floor next to Jayda. 

"If you little shit's hadn't stayed home from school, this wouldn't have happened!" He screamed at me, he raised his hand to slap me again, but a very familiar capture scarf wrapped around him, preventing him from moving. My eyes widened as I looked behind Mr. Sakai and saw Mr. Aizawa, Shinso, and Present Mic standing there. 

Mr. Sakai attempted to turn around to look behind him. "What the Hell?" He groaned out. 

"Don't talk, it'll make it easier for all of us." Mr. Aizawa said tiredly. 

"Kaminari, are you okay?" Shinso asked coming over to me. I looked at him and then back at Jayda. 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I replied and helped Jayda stand up. 

"Is that the truth, or are you just saying that?" Shinso asked with raised eyebrows. I blinked. 

"I-I'm okay?"

"Kid, you obviously aren't 'fine'. You're in an abusive household, for Christ sake." Present Mic spoke up. I looked to him. 

I didn't know what to say. I looked to Jayda just for the sake of something else to look at, and saw she was absolutely terrified. She had no idea what to do. 

Present Mic started coming over, and bent in front of Jayda, who subconsciously hid behind my leg. 

"Hey there, little Listener, you don't have to be scared, I'm not here to hurt you." He said, and held out a comforting hand. Jayda looked at it uncertainly and then looked back at me. She hesitantly took it. Present Mic looked at her softly and closed his palm around her hand and stood up. 

"Let me take you outside so you can be treated, little Listener," he said. She nodded shyly and followed him out. Her auburn brown shoulder length hair bouncing as she went. I watched as she left. 

"Kaminari." Mr. Aizawa said. I turned my attention to him. 

"Y-yes, sir?" 

"You and Jayda will be staying with Present Mic, Shinso, Eri, and I until we can find good homes for you both. However, tomorrow, we will be asking you both some questions. You both also don't have to go to school tomorrow if you decide you need some time to think things over." He told me. I nodded. 

"I'll go to school tomorrow, but I'll let Jayda decide if she wants to go tomorrow." I said. Mr. Aizawa nodded. 

"Very well, just note, we will be telling the teachers to keep an eye on you. You're going to be labeled as 'unstable'. You'll still be treated the same as everyone else, but we'll just have an eye on you at all times. At the end of the week, you'll also be expected to stay at the dorms. I'm going to talk to Principal Nezu, see if we can't get a school therapist. Your parents will be put in jail." He declared tiredly. I nodded. 

"Alright." 

"Great, the cops should be here in a bit. Meanwhile, I'll take these bozo's outside." He dragged Mr. Sakai out of the room, and I even saw Mrs. Sakai get dragged out. Shinso stepped closer to me and put a hand on my shoulder. 

"You'll be sharing a room with me, and Jayda will be sharing a room with Eri." He said. I nodded. I really had no idea what to say to any of the things being told to me, so I just simply agreed or nodded. 

I left the house, Shinso trailing me. When I went outside, I was met with Present Mic treating Jayda's wounds that she got over the past few days. Mr. Aizawa was also telling the Sakai's off for something, and I heard sirens in the distant.

"I grabbed your backpack, by the way. But is there anything else you want before we head back the house?" Shinso asked. I turned towards him.

"Oh, um, some hygiene products and clothes would be nice. Also Jayda's stuff." I said. He nodded, and we went back inside the collect the stuff.

Once I had packed Jayda and I"s stuff with Shinso's help, we went back outside, and saw a few cop cars and some police officers questioning Mr. Aizawa and Present Mic, Jayda was standing behind his legs clutching it like her life depending on it.

I reluctantly made my way over there with Shinso.

"-So the two of them will be staying you your house until further notice, is that correct?" One of the officers questioned Mr. Aizawa.

"Yes, however Kaminari should only he staying for a week, and then he'll move into the UA dorms residence with the rest of the school." Mr. Aizawa said tiredly.

"And what will Jayda Smith be doing once Kaminari goes to live at the dorms?" He asked.

"We were planning on keeping her in the household. After all, it would give my daughter someone to play with." Present Mic said.

"I see," the officer then seemed to spot me and Shinso.

"Young man, might you be Denki Kaminari?" He motioned to me, I nodded.

"How do you feel about living at your teachers house?" He asked.

"Oh, well, it's cool I guess. I don't mind." He nodded.

After hours of questioning, and police station chats, we finally arrived at Mr. Aizawa and Present Mic's house. I was exhausted, and I knew that Jayda was to. I crashed as soon as I laid on my new bed.

Authors Note

Please check out 'Now You Suck' on my page!