Chapter 10

*Shinso's POV*

More and more of the class started piling in. Some in groups of 2 or more, some by themselves. One person I didn't see come in, however, was Kaminari. He always came in on time, where was he?

I turned around towards Ashido, who was leaning on Yaoyorozu's desk, talking to her.

"Ashido?" I called. She stopped her conversation and turned towards me.

"Yeah, whats up, Shinso?" She asked.

"Where's Kaminari? He hasn't arrived yet." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Oh! He texted me this morning, he said he wasn't feeling that well, so he was staying home for the day." She said. That didn't make to much sense? He seemed fine last night. Well, aside from him running out the door so suddenly after receiving the call from Jayda's school.

Wait. Why did he get the call instead of his foster parents? His foster parents are the guardians of Jayda, not him.

I would just go an see him after school, and play it off as a surprise visit to make sure his home life really is good.

I snapped out of my thoughts when dad came into the room in his sleeping bag to start class.

*After school*

I went up to Ashido. "Hey, can you tell me where Kaminari lives?" She raised her eyebrows at me.

"You know, with you asking me so much stuff like this, I might start to think you have a crush on Denki." She giggled. I glared at her.

"Just give me the address." I said. She rolled her eyes in a playful manner and huffed.

"Fine! It's **** ************."

"Thanks." I walked away from her and made my way outside of school. I decided I wouldn't go directly after school, and I would wait for a bit. Maybe after I finish my homework? Yeah. That sounds good.

*Time skip to Shinso's house*

After school, which was boring, by the way, I made my way home. I figured that while I waited for the perfect opportunity to go to Kaminari's house.

On my way home, I was trying to decide whether or not I should tell dad about my suspicions. I didn't want to worry him, in case I was just overthinking things and his homelife actually was good. But, there was also that chance that his homelife isn't, and at the end of the day I was just a highschool student, training to be a hero, and no idea how to actually handle toxic homelife situations. Dad, on the other hand, is a pro hero. He knows how to deal with toxic home situations, and many other situations.

I got home right as I decided what I would do. I would tell him about my suspicions when he got home, and tell him about my plan to go to Kaminari's house to just check it out and make sure.

Meanwhile, I sat down at the kitchen counter, dropped my backpack, took out my own homework, and started doing that. Cool thing was, I did actually have a reason to go to Kaminari's house besides my suspicions. I do have his homework that he missed from today to give him.

I zipped open my backpack and took out my homework. Dad and Papa would be back later, before dinner, with Eri. 

Luckily for me, I already did most of my math homework for Ectoplasm. I only needed to finish Papa's homework, and finish the essay due for Midnight's class tomorrow. 

I got started on the essay for Midnights class. 

I was halfway through Papa's work, after I finish the math and history assignment, when Dad and Papa came home with Eri. 

"Hey kiddo! How are things going?" Papa asked. I glanced up from my work. 

"Hey guys, going good. Um, dad I do have something I want to tell you and Papa." I anxiously said. Dad glanced up at me tiredly and Papa looked at me confused. 

"About what, kid?" Papa asked. Eri looked around confused. 

"Hitoshi, can I play with you?" Eri asked with her puppy dog eyes. I looked down at her. 

"Maybe tomorrow, Eri. I have things to do today, okay?" She nodded and skipped to her room. Papa and Dad sat down at the Island with me. 

"What do you need to talk about, Hitoshi?" Dad asked. I took a deep breathe. 

"I recently found some evidence of Kaminari's home life that leads me to believe, it's toxic." I said. Dad raised his eyebrows. I knew he thought of everyone in Class 1-A as his kids in one way or another. 

"What's this evidence?" Dad asked. 

I explained to him what I came across, or heard from Kaminari. Dad listened to me with open ears, and nodded along. A couple things I explained he would arch his eyebrows or let out a grunt. Sometimes Papa would open his mouth, about to say something, but would close it and keep listening. After I was done. Papa spoke up. 

"I agree with you, his home life sounds incredibly toxic. We should go to that house and see it with our own eyes." Papa started to stand up, but I spoke up. 

"I was actually planning on going over myself. I was going to go and knock on the door to give him the homework he missed, and see what was happening when I got there." I said. Dad sighed. 

"Hitoshi, do you realize how dangerous that could be? If his house truly is toxic, what if you walked into physical abuse and ended up getting hurt?" Dad said. 

"Yes, I realize how dangerous it could be. But, if you and Papa were outside, and was able to hear everything going on in there, you would be able to step in before anything got to out of control." I said. Dad and Papa shared a glance, and Papa sighed. 

"Fine, we'll do that. But you're wearing an earpiece so we can hear everything going on in that damn house." Papa said as he glared at me. I nodded. 

"Okay. I'll wear the earpiece. Wait, but what about Eri?" I asked. 

"We won't take her with us, of course. But, she has been wanting to go see Midoriya. I'll call him and ask if he's able to take her for a bit." Dad said. 

"Okay." 

"We'll go after we drop her off somewhere. Get yourself ready, Hitoshi." Dad said. I nodded and went to my room to get myself ready.