Chapter 18: Risk it or Go with it?

Y/n Pov-

Erwin: Good evening, I'm Erwin Smith. Commander of the Scout regiment. Today you will choose your regiment let's cut to the chase here. We need all the warm Bodies we can get. After the recent Titan attack you now know first hand the horrors of which they are capable as well the limits of your own skill. However this battles aftermath after selfishly risking all of life and limb we have proven beyond a doubt his own wavering loyalty to our cause hope lives in him. Eren didn't just help the deter the Titans invasion he's offered us a mean to discern the truth of their origin.

Y/n thoughts: Hm If I remember correctly Grisha had a sellar and most likely that's where he has the information. It's probably all about Marley. If it is I shouldn't worry about that, right? I've come so far should I keep my mission going or just help this place get to freedom?

I heard mutters from other cadets then Erwin continued.

Erwin: Intel suggest that the seller of Jaeger's home and holds a final secret regarding our enemy. We will form an expedition to find a secret find it and use it to break free from the Titans to radical the hundred Year reign once and for all.

Y/n thoughts: It's all about outside these walls.

...
Why help them you came for a reason

Don't help these Island Devils

Get the founder
....
But...what if they're not Island Devils...
....

Cadet: if we can figure out what makes him tick we can hit him where it hurts

Y/n thoughts: I'm still kinda confused why he telling everyone here? Is it because the person who killed the test subjects?

Erwin: Before we can reach the aforementioned seller in Shinganshina. Another problem must be dealt. We must first retake Wall Maria of course this is much easier said then done. Will be forced to stage future operations from the colonists district for the East. Thus the battalion route we've spent the last 4 years establishing is now completely useless to us. Over the course of those 4 years we've occurred losses in excesses of 60%. 60% in 4 years that's a horrifying figure. One month from now we will conduct a recon mission outside the walls, recruits from the among your ranks will be expected to take part. I estimated a third of them will die after 4 years most will be dead but, those who endure will be amongst the most capable soldiers alive.

Erwin: Now having a dismissal State of affairs whoever stays and wishes to put their life on the line and join us remain here, but first ask yourself can you give your heart can you give everything for humanity

Lots of people gasped

And I'm pretty sure lots of them are gonna walk away

Erwin: That is all. Those who are wanting to join other regiments are dismissed.

I looked back and saw so many cadets turning around and walking way amongst them was Annie.

I'm not backing down. I don't care I'm not going to another regiment, I told Eren I would go with him to the Scouts.

That's a promise.

I saw Jean rethinking, Sasha, and Connie doing the same. Why don't they just go? Is because of Eren's speeches?

Erwin: I asked you. If you were ordered to die could you do it?

Cadet: We don't want to die, sir!

Erwin: Of course. Let us hope that you don't. Then, you who stayed you are now one of us allow me to welcome you to the Scout regiment.

Everyone: Sir!