~CHAPTER 10 (NIGHT 9)~

-Tsunami-

Tsunami quickly beat her tail, sending her and Clay deeper into the ocean. The MudWing roared in pain, thrashing his wings. The bracelet he had floated out of his talons.

This reminded Tsunami of the couple of dragons who she had killed before Clay. They all had about the same reaction: Panic and run away. Or at least try to. Which none of those dragons did, fortunately for Tsunami.

Which meant Clay was good as dead.

Suddenly something hit Tsunami in her side, flinging her off of Clay. She swung around to see Turtle swimming above Clay, glaring at her. Tsunami scrunched her snout at him with a growl.

Clay, without a second of hesitation, started swimming away as quickly as his MudWing body would allow. Before Tsunami could charge at Clay, Turtle torpedoed towards her. Stupid Turtle, She growled internally and swam forward. As Tsunami started to charge towards the SeaWing he flashed, I enchanted my talons to make Tsunami as slow as a MudWing when it touches her.

Tsunami was caught off guard. She quickly maneuvered past Turtle, but his claws still scraped the side of her tail. (Her tail wasn't cut thanks to one of Anemone's spells.) Suddenly Tsunami felt weighed down as if a dragon-sized walrus was sitting on her back. She spun around and snapped at Turtle's tail. The stupid SeaWing was too fast and had dodged her attack. Turtle then swam away frantically in the direction Clay had gone, without looking back.

Tsunami grunted out of frustration and started looking around quickly. She snapped her neck upwards, revealing Anemone. She was floating above her, smirking at Tsunami, which made her even more frustrated than she already was. So... Can I--

Fine! FINE! GO KILL HIM! Tsunami flashed quickly and as brightly as she could, hoping to show Anemone how angry she was making her queen. Just come back when you're done and enchant me back to normal!

Finally! Anemone flashed with a murderous smile. She speeded away to Turtle, without any sort of apology for letting him and Turtle go in the first place and for letting Turtle place an enchantment on her. I'll have to get on to Anemone for that. She thought bitterly.

Tsunami swam to the surface with her MudWing speed and flew out of the water. From the distance, through the dark night sky, she could see Clay flying towards the Sumer Place. The SeaWing flapped ahead in his direction, seething with rage.

As soon as Anemone enchants me to normal speed I'll kill you, Clay! Then NOTHING will be in my way!

-Turtle-

As Turtle swam through the water he could feel his heart trying to pound through the scales in his chest. If he continued to swim in Clay's direction they could meet up at the Sumer Palace and face off against Tsunami together.

Or maybe Tsunami will catch up to Clay and kill him. The darker side of his mind whispered.

Turtle quickly shook the thought out of his mind. Heroes always win! Just like in my mother's stories. He reminded himself of all the stories by Queen Coral he had read.

I and Clay WILL defeat Tsunami. We have to... The thought of all the SeaWings that lived in the kingdom swam to his mind: All the young dragonets who should be in school, his brothers who would be picking with him, the castle servants, the SeaWing citizens, and even the entire Pyrrhia if Tsunami grew powerful enough, They need my help.

Turtle's side suddenly pierced with pain that exploded through his scales and roared in pain. He swiftly turned behind himself, seeing several pieces of sharp broken pieces of coral shooting at him and one of them was already lodged into his back. There was no time to quickly think of a spell before another piece of coral stabbed onto his side. Then each other piece of coral plunged into his scales.