~CHAPTER 11 (DAY 10)~

Thank you for 900 reads! I didn't know it would get so popular. I could maybe even achieve 1K reads!

-Tsunami-

Tsunami bared her teeth so hard, that they felt as though they could shatter any second.

In front of her stood Clay. The brown MudWing glared at her. His even browner eyes were flaming with anger. He was different. He was definitely not the same dragonet he was a week or two ago.

But Tsunami could say the exact thing about herself. Tsunami no longer let anybody stop her or tell her what to do. She was strong enough to take care of herself, to fight for life.

An image flashed through her head: Bloody blue talons, Pea-green scales being sliced, the body underneath her with a neck bent unusually. She remembered it like it was yesterday. The day she showed the other dragonets and the world that she was strong on her own. And didn't need anyone to take care of her.

The day she killed Gill, the king of SeaWings, was the first dragon she'd ever defeated herself. She would forever remember that she was strong enough to destroy the dragons who gave her life.

Tsunami glowed at Clay," What are you waiting for?" She roared. Clay didn't answer.

"Aren't you here to save the day? Be a hero? Or is that too much for you?" She continued. Still no answer.

Clay, for a moment, didn't move. He continued to glare. But soon took a step to the right.

Tsunami smirked and took a step to her right. That's right. Now just keep getting closer to me until you are at striking distance.

Clay continued taking steps to the right and Tsunami mirrored his every action. They both had their eyes pinned on each other, detecting every movement they made.

Clay hesitated for a moment and took a deep breath," I-- I don't want to have to do this." He said. He no longer glared at Tsunami, he just looked at her sadly.

"Do what?" Tsunami exclaimed.

Clay's jaws tightened as he continued to circle around. He was clearly too scared to say it out loud, to say that he would have to (or at least try to) kill Tsunami. Instead, the MudWing changed the topic," There is a better way this can end."

"There is," Tsunami replied, narrowing her eyes on him.

"And that better way is that you step down from queen of the SeaWings, leave the kingdom, and never bother me or the other dragonets or anyone ever again," Clay said, firmly.

"Never!" She snapped, slamming her front talons in front of her. The force of her claws was so powerful that it left a small imprint in the stone under her talons. Tsunami growled in frustration.

Tsunami had never seen Clay so serious about something before. It was strange to see him so intent on being against her. The MudWing should have never switched sides! He was supposed to be with her! That's what best friends did!

"Actually Clay, I have an even better proposal," Tsunami said, anger lacing her voice." YOU are going to do what promised to do. Be my best friend. FOR. REAL." She said.

"I don't want any planning against me. No hiding animus dragons from me. No holding me back and most importantly NO SECRETS from me." She continued" Cause apparently I need to tell you what best friend means."

Clay stopped for a moment, looking down at the ground," I was your friend, Tsunami. I was trying so hard to best the best I could." The MudWing lifted his head to meet Tsunami's eyes," But your the one who doesn't know what best friend means. All you've done is hurt me and hurt the other dragonets of destiny. You don't care about us, you just wanted to keep us around you forever and never let us go." Clay took a shaky breath," You're... we're not friends anymore."