Chapter 7

"Almost Got Caught"

~ The Next Morning ~

Tiana woke up to the most beautiful sight she had ever seen. Laurent was laying on his back with his twist all over the place with a sweet smile on his face. Tiana reached over and gently stroked his cheek which made him laugh a little bit in his sleep, she sat up in bed stretching her arms when her phone started to ring!

~ Phone Call ~

Tiana: Hello Ms. Alexander speaking!

Mom: Tiana Felicia Alexander, do you mind explaining to me why you haven't bothered with checking in with me!

Tiana: Mom ? How did you get my number and what you mean check in with you! The last thing I remember is you leaving daddy and then daddy choosing his bitch ass girlfriend over his only daughter which left me with no where to go!

Mom: Tiana I had to do what was best for all of us. Your father wasn't happy with me any more and I didn't want to leave you behind, I had no other choice in that! You needed to be somewhere stable and not jumping from couch to couch with me.. I'm sorry that happened to you but Alicia gave me your number and I needed to call and make sure you're alright!

Tiana: I'm good mom, Alicia is letting me live with her on the condition that I keep my grades up and help her out when she has a to cater a party or something! So have you heard anything about my dad or what?

Mom: Yes I have, your uncle informed me that he is in the hospital right now! It seems like he suffered a heart attack and they weren't sure if he would survive but he lived and is doing better from what your uncle told me!

Tiana: Wow mom you sound very broken up about the news on my dad!

Mom: Listen Tiana I still love him but he chose to live a different life! He didn't want a family anymore, he wanted to be free from bring tied down and having to deal with the issues we were having! He left both of us a long time ago, I'm just sorry I wasn't in a better place were I could have taken you with me!

Tiana: Okay mom I need to get going, you have my number now so keep in touch!

Mom: I will Tiana, I love you baby!

Tiana: I love you too, bye!

~ End of phone call ~

Tiana set her phone down and took a deep breath, she whipped away the tears that were on her face thinking about her mom and her dad. Lau heard her sniffling and woke up immediately wrapping his arms around her waist.

Lau: Are you okii Tiana? Tell me why you crying right now!

Tiana: I'm okay Lau, I just got a phone call from my mom whom I haven't talked to in years after she left me with my dad!

Lau: Do you wanna talk about it Tia? I no want to push you if you no want to or maybe just no tell me! I don't want to see you cry, its hurting me to see you like this!

Tiana: I'm fine Lau, just give me a little more time and I will tell you what happened but for right now we need to take a shower and get our day started!

They both got up out of bed getting their things ready for their shower. Tiana went first so she could downstairs and start fixing breakfast for everybody!

Lau: Is you ankle feeling better Tia?

Tiana: Yeah, it's feeling better actually. So I thought I would go and make breakfast for everyone...