~16~[A New Path]

🌸🌸🌸

y/n peered into the mirror that was resting against the wall in her room, only wearing pants and a bra. She was looking at the stab wounds scar on her arm. 'It's been several weeks since the incident, and I haven't seen Boruto's eye activate since. Is it because the Ghost is gone... or?'

"y/n! Hurry and eat your breakfast, or you'll be late! Sarada's already getting ready to leave!" Upon hearing her mother's familiar voice, the girl threw on the rest of her outfit and ran out the door.

"I'm coming!"

Shino was standing in front of a whiteboard that read '3 people, one team.' The whole class was out in the yard, per usual.

"Construction at the school will be completed soon. In other words, that spells the end of having classes out here." Shino smiled at the group of kids before him.

"Finally, we're free from being out here!" Shikadai mumbled, a grateful tone in his voice.

"I know right, I've got bug bites everywhere... everywhere." y/n repeated her words as she stared into Shikadai's eyes.

"So today, we'll be forming new three-man teams. Of course, with the uneven number in class, we'll have one four-man team again." Shino explained quickly, throwing his arm out to the side.

"Are you saying we'll be in different teams from the ones we formed before?" Denki questioned, looking up at the bug user from his spot in the grass. The class had done this before for training.

"Yes. We'll try different formations to find which members will be compatible as a team after graduation." Shino informed.

"What about Class Rep... I mean, Miss Kakei?" Sarada spoke up, quieting down at the second part of her sentence. "She's been absent for so long."

"We don't know when she'll return. Until she's physically better, it's impossible for her to participate in shinobi training." Shino explained, looking down at his clipboard.

"Is it possible that she's quitting the Academy?" Sarada's question caught everyone's attention as they turned to look at her.

"I... don't know." Shino stated, drawing something on the whiteboard. "The only thing we can do is wait. Anyway, we'll be forming teams with whoever is in attendance for today."

"I understand." Sarada mumbled, looking down a little.

"I tried to go and visit her, but we were turned away." Namida whispered, leaning closer to Sarada's ear.

"Maybe Sensei's right and we should leave her alone." Sarada admitted, turning to look back at the girl.

y/n gave a small lop-sided smile, patting Sarada on the back. "Let's try to distract ourselves for a little bit, yeah? You're bringing Boruto's mood down." She laughed lightly, pointing to the frowning boy next to her.

"After you team up, confirm each of your formations. We'll be starting practical training from tomorrow." Shino announced to the class quickly.

The class was all spaced out and standing, everyone talking with each other as they chose their teammates.

"Who should we choose this time?" Boruto questioned himself with a smirk, his arms crossed as he looked around.

"Do you want me to go with you again?" y/n asked, walking over to the blond. But before he could say anything...

"I'm teaming up with you, Boruto." Mitsuki smiled, cutting off y/n as he appeared behind the boy.