~22~[Connected Feelings]

Start from the beginning

Sasuke quirked a brow at her actions, while Sarada's eyes widened.

It seemed like the group was waiting for her next words, but they never came. Instead, y/n let out a small breath, trying and succeeding at calming herself.

Cho-Cho shoved a bag of lightly salted potato chips in-between the feuding family. Sasuke looked at it with confusion. "I only have... lightly salted chips left, but..." The girl started, her eyes shut.

'I totally hate intense heavy situations like this! The only thing heavy should be my weight! You can do this, my delicate heart of glass!'

"Cho-Cho..." Sarada smiled sadly, looking over at her best friend.

"All right! Do the three of you want to come with us?" Naruto changed the topic, looking down at the three kids with a smile.

Sarada and Cho-Cho's eyes widened, while y/n slowly removed her hand from the pillar.

"Naruto, what are you-?!" Sasuke started, but stopped when Naruto turned to him with the same happy expression.

"They came after y/n and Sarada too. It's safer to stay together." The man explained cheerily.

Sasuke looked away from the ball of sunshine. "Do what you want." With that, he turned his back towards them all.

Naruto leaned down to Sarada's ear. "Besides, we may be able to see those people in the photo, at Orochimaru's."

"What?!" Sarada whispered, looking over at the man with shock. He nodded before looking over at y/n, silently asking her is she was going.

"If Sarada goes, I go." The girl stated plainly, shoving her hands into her pockets.

"Okay, it's decided. We'll set out at daybreak." Naruto confirmed, looking at Sasuke's back after getting confirmation from both girls.

The grown Uchiha didn't say anything, he just walked away.

The group was standing outside of Orochimaru's base behind a large rock, where Leaf Shinobi were stationed.

"It's been a while, Captain Yamato." Naruto smiled at the man that was crouching behind the Boulder, his eyes trained on the base.

"Please stop that." Yamato smiled, turning away from the hideout to face the man. "I don't want to be called 'captain' by the Hokage."

"I can't help it... You'll always be Captain Yamato to me." Naruto stated.

'He's definitely not my dad.' Cho-Cho thought, resting a hand on her chin.

'This better not be a waste of time.' y/n stretched her back with a groan, rubbing her sore neck once she was done. 'It's been too long since I've traveled, I'm out of shape.'

'So, they're Orochimaru's partners. But why's dad in the photo with them?' Sarada looked down at the picture in her hand. She peered up at the back of her father. "I guess, I really don't know anything about papa...'

"Lord Sixth filled me in for the most part... But I'm sorry, this is my mission and I can't leave this spot." Yamato explained to the blonde.

"I understand. Sasuke will lead from here." Naruto explained simply.

"Follow me." As soon as the man heard the Seventh, he started running towards the cave ahead with the others following.

"This way." Sasuke stated, speed walking up a few stairs into a dark hallway that had dim stone snake-head lights lining the walls.

"H-Hey, Sasuke! It's not like we're going to one of your favorite restaurants here. Be more on guard, will ya?" Naruto whispered, leaning over the man's shoulder. They stopped their fast walking when two people appeared in front of them. "Damn it! See?!"