~13~[The shadow of The Mastermind!]

Start from the beginning

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Boruto questioned.

y/n was silent, her eyes trained on her shoes. The Hokage had found her in the halls and told her to follow him. Which she did, obviously.

"We heard you rescued the Class Rep and the others. Thank you." Shikadai bowed to the man.

"You're after the ghost too, right dad?" The blond asked, his eyes wide. "If you know something, let us in on it!"

Naruto's eyebrows were downturned. He reached his hand out and gripped onto Boruto's ear.

"Ouch! Ouch! Now's not the time to be pulling on my ear!" Boruto complained, as his dad dragged him away with y/n following.

"Just come with me!" Naruto stated like the kid had a choice.

The Uchiha turned back to the other two and motioned for them to follow as well.

"Oww! That hurt's ya know!" Boruto was still complaining as they reached a different area of the hospital. Naruto finally let go of the kid's ear and continued walking forward.

"What the hell...?" The blond stopped when he peered up to see what was happening on the other side of the glass in front of them all.

"Look carefully." Naruto stated, standing next to the window.

"...Mom." y/n mumbled, stepping closer so she could see what the woman was doing.

"That's..." Boruto started, seeing a mop of pink hair using medical Ninjutsu on a frail man. Other medical-nin surrounding the table.

"The person who attacked your classmates." Naruto confirmed. "The Chakra in his body has been almost totally depleted. Listen, it's sheer luck that you've been safe all this time during these incidents, that's all. This is no longer a matter for kids playing detective."

Boruto's eyes widened at the man's last comment and he turned to look at his father. "I know that!"

"No. You don't know the true horrors of battle, just ask y/n." The girl's eyes grew sad and she looked down at her hands. "First, graduate from the Academy. Then we can talk."

"That's not fair!" Boruto fought back.

"Getting workplace experience..." Everyone turned to see Shino standing in the doorway, his arms crossed. "That's all Boruto and the others were doing. They were doing as they were told, by me. Right, Boruto?"

The boy said nothing, he just peered away. "Shino, he's still a kid. He's too young to be able to make that distinction." Naruto stated, his voice calm.

"Maybe so. But there are times when a child can show us that they can do more than an adult. If they're treated like an adult. As you were saying, y/n's a good example of that." The man walked into the room, standing in front of the kids.

"Shino Sensei..." Boruto and y/n mumbled together, their eyes wide.

"Furthermore... As his teacher, I have a clear idea of what Boruto can, and cannot do." Shino continued, his sights moving over to his friend of many years.

Naruto smirked. "Since you're so convinced, I'll leave it up to you." Right after that, he poofed away. Another Shadow Clone.

The kids ran up to their teacher. "Sensei..." Shikadai started.

"We'll solve this case, no matter what!" Boruto assured.

"Don't take this the wrong way. I don't recall telling you lot to solve anything." Boruto and Shikadai looked down at his statement.