~9~[Love and Potato Chips]

Start from the beginning

"I'm pretty sure he's Magire from the class next door. With so few handsome guys in the Academy, I'd say he ranks towards the top." Cho-Cho informed the group.

"I can't believe he was really following you." Sumire piped in with her weak voice.

"Boruto, don't tell me, he's..." Shikadai whispered, leaning over to the boy.

"No, I don't see anything weird coming from him." Boruto responded and y/n shook her head a little.

"He's being too approachable, he'd be fighting teeth and nails to get away if he was like the others." She informed quietly, observing the boy's actions closely since she was also worried it could be another case.

"I see." Shikadai whispered once more, backing his head away.

"But that doesn't mean we can just leave him be." Boruto complained, resting his hand on the back of his head.

y/n bent down, looking into his eyes. "Hey! Why would you do something like this?" She questioned, the boy's eyes went wide.

Boruto crouched down next to her when he didn't respond. "Are you really Cho-Cho's stalker?" The blonde asked, but Magire just averted his eyes. "Why don't you say something?!"

"Silence, huh?" y/n stated, tilting her head to the side a little.

"But seriously, following Cho-Cho? You have really strange taste." Shikadai mumbled, crossing his arms.

"Oh, my! I completely understand why you would want to follow me, but... I'm sorry, you and I are like macarons and natto. We're totally different leagues-" Cho-Cho began, flipping her hair a little as she posed.

"You're wrong! The person I was watching is... Miss Sumire!" Magire finally spoke, standing up so he could point at the girl. Everyone was silent for a moment. "Oh no!" The boy cried, turning away from the group.

"You mean, the Class Rep?" Boruto questioned as he got back up to his feet with y/n.

"So that means the one you like is...?" Shikadai began and y/n cleared her throat.

"What? Huh? Oh my..." Sumire freaked, turning away with a flustered face.

"Phew... man, I'm good. My plan to extract information out of him was a total success." Cho-Cho smiled awkwardly, crossing her arms.

"You liar!" Boruto yelled with a tick-mark.

y/n hit the boy on the back of the head. "Let her have her... uhh... moment!" She scolded.

Shikadai grabbed a soda from the vending machine Magire was once being held against. "But in any case, you went a little too far." He informed, taking a sip from the can he opened.

"B-But, what was I supposed to do? I-I just wanted to breathe the same air as Miss Sumire!" The boy stated it seemed like he was trying to come across as defending himself but he was just whispering as he blushed.

Sumire slid herself behind y/n as Boruto's eyes grew white. "Y-You're kidding." The blonde stated hesitantly.

"O-Okay, so are we done here? I'll just be on my way-." Magire tried to leave but y/n quickly blocked him with her arm. He continued to walk so she decided to take a more forceful route.

"We're not done here!" She yelled, jumping onto the boy's back to keep him in place.

"This may be your chance." Cho-Cho stated and everyone looked at her with confusion and shock. "You might as well tell her how you feel right now." The girl smiled, pointing at Magire.

The boy's face grew red and so did y/n's, who was still sitting on his back. "W-What are you saying?" The raven-haired girl asked since she wasn't too good with the whole, expressing emotion thing.