"Meh mefm doef?" (My mom does?)

"Well, you see, it's like the train..." Shikadai started, standing up on the fast moving object. "As long as it stays on the tracks, it'll get to its destination easily, so just sit tight until you get there."

"What're you talking about?" Boruto was still lost, his voice muffled because of the burger sitting in his mouth.

"I'm just saying behave." Shikadai explained before jumping off the train and grabbing onto a telephone pole above them. "Don't be late on the first day! Bye, y/n!"

"Shut up!" Boruto quickly defended himself, shaking a fist in the air towards the cocky black-haired boy.

"See ya." y/n waved her hand as a salute to Shikadai's farewell. When he was completely out of sight, the two resulted to sitting on the train in a comfortable silence.

Boruto still had the burger in his mouth, and y/n was leaned back, watching the clouds to try and find shapes. She liked the bunny ones.

"Dad can just mind his own business." Boruto mumbled quietly, burger still in his big mouth.

"I'll show you one day!" He suddenly cried out, standing up on the train as Shikadai had a moment ago. The spicy food was out of his mouth so he could speak clearly.

y/n quickly shot up and covered Boruto's mouth, but she was too late. "Hey, kids! Who're your parents? Don't you know that's dangerous?!" A worker from inside the train yelled out a window at the two.

"Sorry sir!" y/n responded just loud enough for the man to hear, jumping off onto a telephone pole similar to the one Shikadai had grabbed onto. But they were standing on it instead of holding it.

"Do you know how stupid you can be? Do you not even realize when yo-" y/n cut herself short when she realized Boruto wasn't even giving her words the time of day.

Instead, he was staring down at a deserted street that had five kids kicking another kid around the same age as them into an alley.

The two childhood friends just watched together, sipping their drinks blankly.

The targeted kid staggered into the dark alley, three of the five bullies closing in on him.

"Denki is this all you have?!" One of them questioned.

"Isn't that enough?" Denki responded quickly, not understanding why there was a problem.

"Well, yeah... but... right?"

"Yeah, I want to have some fun."

"Huh-"

Just as the one in front was about to say something, a cold liquid fell on top of his head, ice mixed in with the sticky substance.

"Who the-?!" The boy cut himself off when he looked up to see y/n and Boruto.

"Sorry, our hands slipped." Boruto apologized with a mischievous smile he wore well. y/n smirked cheerily, throwing her now empty cup onto the ground below.

"Are you crazy? Do you two wanna get hurt?!" Pop hair threatened the kids aggressively.

"Take that back now, and we'll let this slide." Boruto continued, a hand resting on his hip.

y/n's own hands were shoved into her pockets, her shoulders slumped back in a relaxed style.

"Hey, you two, get down here."

The duo wasted no time in jumping off the wires they were standing on, landing in a cloud of smoke.

The thick white cloud was made on their trip to the ground. Both of them had performed the Shadow Clone Jutsu.