chapter 20 || getaway

"Is there a back way we could go?" Michael asked.

"Not unless you want to face the dog."

Calum sighed,"We'll just have to take a chance. If they see us we'll run."

Luke felt Michael pull him up, he balanced on his left leg.Calum supported him on his right side, Michael on his left.

The three boys hobbled down the path to the front gate. Luke could hear the TV on inside and the clatter of China against glass as his mother unpacked the dishwasher. He looked through the window and saw his dad reading the news paper.

Everything looked fine. It didn't seem like a house with abusive homophobic parents. It didn't seem as though they were about about to send their youngest son off to military school just because he was gay.

He saw his mother glance towards the window.

"Duck," Luke whispered loudly.

The boys ducked behind the wall and hoped Liz didn't look to closely.

After a minute the three crawled out from behind the wall and continued to make their way down the path.

They made it down without any trouble and Michael helped Luke into the car. Calum jumped in next to him and Michael in the passenger seat.

When Luke saw who was driving he nearly cried of happiness. Ashton turned around in his seat and grinned.

"Hey babe," then he turned back around and slammed on the gas. The car sped down the street, passing far away from Luke's parents house.