chapter 7 || groupies

Luke got home from the hospital early the next morning. He unlocked the door and fell into his apartment. The smell of Ashton filled his nose and he felt his heart weep.

He walked over to his couch and curled up into a ball. Is this the way he would live his life? Full of lies? The squishy couch felt so comfortable and he felt himself slowly being pulled under. He couldn't fall asleep again. His dreams were haunted with the truth.

He got up and went over to the kitchen. He splashed the icy cold water onto his face and grabbed an apple. He bit into and turned on the TV. He hated the news. He hated how confronting it was. Every time he watched it he felt the world became more messed up, the people more broken. But before he could change the channel something caught his eye.

"-and next up we have some rising talent performing for us. Give it up for the local band 5 Seconds of Summer!"

Ashton. That was Ashton's band.

Ashton sat at the back, on the drums. He was biting his lip and his brows furrowed together. He was so immersed in his music, it was beautiful. Luke stared, he couldn't take his eyes of Ashton.

When they finished the three boys got up and introduced themselves.

"Hey I'm Calum, this is Michael," he said gesturing towards a boy with flaming red hair, "And this is Ashton," Ashton smiled showing full teeth.
"We're 5 Seconds of Summer."

The boys left shortly after that and an article about politics came on. Luke stared by the TV in shock. He knew Ashton was in a band. He never knew he was going to be on TV.

He recovered from his shock and went over to get his phone.
One message from Ashton.

Hey, hope everything's ok :)

That modest son of a bitch. Luke smirked and dialed Ashton's number.

"Hey is everything ok?" Ashton asked, full concern in his voice.

"Why didn't you tell me you were performing on TV?"

There was silence and then he heard Ashton laugh, "It never can't up."

"It never came up?! You told me about your great Aunts false teeth, but the fact you were performing on live television...why didn't you tell me?" Luke chuckled, "W-wait! Do you guys have groupies? Omg I know we haven't really discussed what we "are" but I don't know if I feel comfortable w-"

"Luke we don't have groupies," Ashton was laughing, "We hardly even have a fan base, let alone groups of girls uh-or boys, wanting to have sex with us."

"In time, Ashton, just wait."