chapter 3 || late night walks

The whole walk Luke felt terrible. He had started developing feelings for Ashton and poor unsuspecting Ashton had no idea both of them had the same genitals.

The sun was setting as they walked down the streets. It wasn't long before Ashton's hand found Lukes. His hands really were massive. With long skinny fingers intertwined with Luke's frail little hand. They walk and walked. Sometimes in silence, lapping up the sound of the busy city. Sometimes Ashton talked. He really could talk. By the end of the night Luke felt he could write a book on Ashton's life.

It was dark before they stopped at a park. Ashton faced Luke, holding onto both of his hands. They were close. So close Luke's lips were practically touching Ashtons. They were breathing eachtohers air, and Luke could feeling the warmth coming from Ashtons mouth. "I want to see you again," Ashton whispered, staring into Lukes eyes.

"Mmm," Luke agreed.

Ashton pulled Luke in closer, placing his hand on the small of his back. He traced circles into the fabroc of Lukes blouse. They stood like that in the park, nothing else existed around them. Ashton slowly brought his hands together, meeting behind Lukes back. He brought them up until his arms were around Luke's neck. They were so close. Their noses touching slightly. Luke didn't blink, he couldn't. He felt ripped apart. He wanted to be with Ashton more than anything, but Ashton wanted to be with Lily. He had to stop Ashton before he got hurt.

"I'm a boy," Luke blurted out suddenly. That probaly wasn't the best way to go about things. Ashton pulled back.

"What?!" he said shocked.

"Uh-um I-I'm actually a boy," Lukes face was bright red, he hoped the night hid the scarlet colour.

"Your name is'nt Lily," the confusion on Ashton's face made Luke want to curl up in a ball and grow a vagina.

"No-ah it's actually Luke," the blonde squeaked.

"Oh," Ashton sat on the park bench.

"I'm sorry," Luke stuttered, "I-I'm really sorry."

Ashton stood up again. He ran his lean fingers through his curls. He seemed to be deep in thought, "So you have like-a-um a...penis?" he said and Luke saw his cheeks flame pink.

Lukes own face lit up and he nodded. Looking down at the ground, he wished a hole would appear and swallow him up.

Ashton bit his lip and a deafening silence surrounded them. The park was nearly empty, execpt a few birds and a homeless man, further away. The street light flicked slightly and Ashton turned to Luke.

"I've never been in love with a boy before."