Chapter Twelve

Who is the AGA?

To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent. - Buddha

Riley managed to bypass the day by going out with her friends later that day. She smiled the whole day thinking that tomorrow she'll learn things that she's always wanted to know. If her father just turned out to be a business man she would be very disappointed.

Riley and all four of her friends went shopping at the mall but they all noticed Riley was acting hyper, to hyper to be her normal self. They asked her why she was so excited and when she told them it was a secret she almost had let it slip, she needed to be more careful.

Eventually they came to what they thought was a breakthrough and thought she was interested in a boy in their class. They all laughed thinking about Riley and him together, and no matter how many times she denied it they continued on to say that her secret was her crush on one of the boys in the class.

While they were walking out of the mall when Riley bumped into some guy wearing sunglasses. He was a few years older maybe around his early twenties. He was slightly muscular and through his glasses she noticed he had blazing blue eyes, Riley just froze as they stood there staring at each other. For some reason she thought she has seen him before but couldn’t put her finger on it.

The guy just turned and walked away from her as Presley came running after her to hurry up so they could get home before it started raining out. Riley turned and looked at her, but turned back to see if she could still see the guy she bumped into. When she looked around it was live he vanished because her was nowhere to be seen. “Okay,” was all she said as she allowed herself to be dragged off to her car.

After a long day filled with having fun with her friends Riley still couldn’t get that guy out of her head. He looked very familiar but wasn’t able to put a name or picture to his face as she looked through her school yearbook. Riley sighed, he was a mystery and that intrigued her. For some reason she knew deep down she hadn’t seen the last of him.

Riley lay in bed once again and thought about tomorrow, it was now approaching with a slightly faster speed. Maybe she wasn’t as excited as she was before or something. Then again she was mainly thinking about that guy from earlier and not focusing on the girl she was planning to meet later on today. But now that she was thinking of the girl…

Riley sighed once again as she looked towards her clock. It seemed to be becoming a habit to look at it randomly; she’s never done that before. Riley somehow managed to get to sleep that night but periodically woke up and looked at her clock. It was like her body was sleeping but her brain was not. She’s thought more about the girl and guy she’s come across than she’s thought about anything before; this includes how and why her father had passed away.

 It was 7:56 a.m. when she woke up for the last time that day. She decided to get up, eat breakfast and get ready. By the time she did all that and took a shower it was only 10:00, she still had to wait eight more hours before meeting the girl at Moe’s. She wondered if she would be alone or if she would have friends there to meet her too. Maybe it would be like a formal meet and greet. She didn’t know but the more she thought about it the more excited she got about it.

Riley had a hard time focusing all day. She got on her computer, watched TV and even took a nap and by the time she was done all that it was still only 3:30. She groaned in frustration as she waited and waited, her mom made her dinner knowing she was going to be out before dinner started so she made it early. They talked about school and random things until it was 5:30.

When Riley saw the time she excitedly told her mom it was time to leave and ran out the door before she could say anything about it. Her mom waved a goodbye as she flew out the door but she didn’t notice it. Riley waited at the bus stop until the bus came around at 5:45. Riley practically ran on the bus and chose an empty seat, the bus had one more stop before it took them to Moe’s.