I need to wake up.

Just remember that you will die if you use the breathing more than one time, you need to get a perfect behead.

…you only have one chance. Please don't waste it.

If you die, I will have to restart it once again.

"I'm so sorry Y/N, it's my fault for bringing you here-"

You know what is Y/N's biggest fear? That her presence might have made negative changes in the story.

She was more than worried when she saw the drastic change in Zenitsu and Nezuko relationship, but there's no point in worrying about that now.

In Y/N's head, she thought no one would've care if she died. Not because she was being dramatic, but because she couldn't see herself as someone worthy of being loved.

Y/N. You are way more than worthy.

You are the protagonist of this story.

"I'm sorry, even though I said that I would protect you-"

Tanjiro was holding the girl's body, or at least trying, since his body was completely limp as he used all of his strength in the hinokami kagura.

He barely noticed the demon boy reconnecting his severed head back to his neck.

"But- I cut his head!"

"You thought that you had defeated me? Poor kid. Did your pathetic delusion bring you joy? I severed my head before you could cut it. Why cling to the body of someone who's already gone? If you were any smarter, you would've taken your sister and escaped the moment you thought you had won against me, there's no point in worrying about a corpse of someone useless."

Y/N, remember what I told you before?

"Don't talk about her like that! Y/N resisted until the end! She wanted to help everyone with all her might, even though she barely knew us! I won't let you talk down to her like that!"

You are the protagonist.

And the protagonist always get up in the darkest of the moments.

"Y-Y/N?" Tanjiro says, as he notices her hand twitching.

"Blood demon art : Deadly eye basket!" Rui attacks.

Y/N suddenly gets up and pushes Tanjiro, they both roll down the ground and hit against a tree, successfully dodging the attack.

Most of Y/N's bones were healed, who knows how they even healed so suddenly, but her body was still covered in deep cuts. It won't take long before she passes out again, her body condition was still too poor to be considered ideal for fighting.

Giyuu was supposed to arrive this time. Since he didn't, then maybe something changed.

But it doesn't matter.

He said I can only use it once.

Get close. Decapitate. Probably get slashed into pieces in the process.

My sword is still here? Okay.

Y/N was ready to walk over to Rui, but Tanjiro, still on the floor, ended up grabbing her ankle by reflex. "D-don't-"

He stopped whatever he was trying to say when Y/N turned to look at him, there was no light in her eyes, like she was just a corpse moving.

The shock at her sudden change of expression made he immediatly let go, she didn't say anything and only started to walk in Rui's direction again.

"You again?! Why don't you die?! Are you even human?!"

She didn't answer, instead she suddenly started to run in his direction in a speed that she definitely didn't possess before.

"Get away from me!" He exclaims, throwing more threads in her direction. She just runs through then, ignoring the painful slashes being given to her body.

Can't she feel pain?! What an insane will to live-

"Seraphic breathing, first form : absolute severance."

Her voice was calm and eerie as she said this, a clean cut was made across Rui's neck, the slash was so fast that it took him awhile to realize that he's been decapitated.

She succeeded.

Some droplets of blood started to fall on the ground.

Her nose was bleeding…?

Her eyes turn wide as she dropped the sword, using both of her hands to cover her mouth, however, it was for no avail as an enormous amount of blood was vomited.

Even though she covered her mouth, some blood was still running down across her chin and spilling between her fingers.

And just like Tanjiro, she felt all of her body lose strength as she instantly fell to the floor.

As her weak body remained in the ground, she weakly rolled to lay on her back.

Looking at the moon above her, her vision slowly turned black...

◇◇◇◇◇

Since I probably won't have a opportunity to adress about this in the next chapters, here's a fun fact!

■ The reason Giyuu didn't appear was because Tanjiro was so mad after Rui hurt Y/N that he ended up awakening the Hinokami Kagura sooner, which messed up the timing, if Y/N hasn't woken up in time he would probably be dead, thank god she did huh?