The Patronus Charm and another Quidditch Win

Start from the beginning

(Y/N) shook his head, 'If only they knew I had a Firebolt as well, Wood wouldn't just be casting his Reserve Seeker aside so casually.'

*******

Lessons had started again the following day. Of course, now that (Y/N) had actually managed to see Hermione for what felt like an eternity of not seeing her, he was unable to actually talk to her. Well, he was able to in their Care of Magical Creatures, but she didn't seem too keen on stopping for very long to talk with how cold it was on a January morning, "Hermione, please? Please talk to me?" His voice crack was the only thing that got her to stop and look at him, hurt in her eyes, "Please... I was so stupid for saying what I said. Going to McGonagall was the right decision, I was just being stubborn about it with how irked I was at Harry's dismissive nature towards the possibility of it being sent to him by Sirius Black. You were right... as usual..."

Hermione looked and saw tears streaming down his face, and from under his eye-patch. She wasn't able to stay mad at him after that. She walked up to him and embraced him, both feeling much warmer just by being so close to one another, "I was really hurt when you said that," she said while her cheek was against his jacket.

"I don't doubt that for a second, and I should never have hurt you like that..." (Y/N) said, and Hermione could tell that he was hurting as well from his own actions. She squeezed him tighter in the embrace, letting him know that he was still her best and closest friend. "I'm so sorry, Hermione... I'll never take your judgement on something for granted ever again."

"It's okay, (Y/N), honest," she said, wiping the stray tear that fell from her eyes. 'It's okay, because I love you too much to ever be more than upset with you.' She thought to herself. They carried on in Hagrid's class like nothing had ever happened between them.

The first Divination class of the new term, they got started on palmistry, and Trelawney didn't even wait to tell Harry that he had the shortest life-lines she'd ever seen; alternatively, she told (Y/N) he had the longest life-lines she'd ever seen. This upset Hermione greatly, because Trelawney explained unnecessarily that his long life would lead to even greater destruction and genocide.

The class (Y/N) had been looking forward to was Defense, as Harry had to remind Lupin about the Anti-Dementor lessons he said he'd teach them.

All Harry briefly said to him was that Lupin still had to figure out how to go about it, as they couldn't use a real Dementor. (Y/N) nodded and marched off ahead of them and found Hermione, trying to get her books back into her bag, "Need help?"

She looked up and her scowl softened into a look of appreciation, "If you don't mind... how do you do it? You never told me," the scowl immediately returned.

"Well-"

"Still looks ill, doesn't he?" They heard Ron ask Harry as they got closer, "What d'you reckon is the matter with him?"

As they passed, Hermione couldn't help herself and tutted at them. They turned and Ron looked furious, "What are you tutting us for?" He asked irritably.

"Nothing," she said and slung her bag back over her shoulder.

"Yes you were," he said, "I said I wonder what's wrong with Lupin and you-"

"Well, isn't it obvious?" She said with an air of superiority, "(Y/N) already knows." Hermione looked at him and he nodded. To be fair, he had a strong, sneaking suspicion, but he needed one more thing to prove it.

"If you don't want to tell us, don't!" Ron snapped at her.

"Fine, we won't!" Hermione said haughtily, grabbed (Y/N)'s wrist, and dragged him off to the Great Hall.