Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

They were scanning the park area from the front gates.

They could smell my scent there from last night, and were entering the gates.

Damn! I need to get my bike.

I thought about leaving it. What? No way! It's a BMW S1000RR! Definitely not leaving that...sorry! I thought of a different plan now... Well I didn't get to test the "invisibility" thing again today but it was worth a try. I imagined myself as invisible and light as a simple winter breeze. I felt my weight fade and smiled.

Huh... guess it really works.

I made my way around the block towards the back entrance of the park looking around the neighborhood to see if there were to be a battle here, would people notice. No, no normal person would want to hang around this part of town.

Checking for the last time around I crouched down and ran along the east wall of the park knowing that if I made a sound I would get myself exposed. I usually didn't mind... these were just the minions, otherwise The Others would have smelt me out by now.

No, I secretly liked "bumping" into the minions; it gave me something to do, a thrill that would jump-start my adrenaline and most of all Miss Tigz' animal instincts. It's always great to exercise my little talents and tricks.

I can never let her out though, not fully anyway. That was a pleasure only for me. I had once shared it with someone though, Maul. My heart ached at the thought, I hated thinking about their betrayal; it just hurt too much. It doesn't matter now anyway, he was either dead like the rest of the people I cared about or he was living it up somewhere not knowing what his father did to my family.

I reached the gate on the back wall and peered inside. Some were skimming the bench I had slept on carefully while 2 others were going through the trees I had left my bike in last night. From there I was pretty sure my trail led to where my bike now lay, under the branches and then I would be severely busted!

It was now or never.

I got up suddenly and had reached and picked my bike up in a matter of a second. Their eyes widened as they realized what was happening. I mean they just saw a mega-ton bike (excuse the exaggeration) lift out from a bush by absolutely nothing.

They launched for me and I knew it would only take them as much time as it took me to get my bike up. My invisibility faulted and my instincts kicked in.

Lucky for me, Miss Tigz was no amateur...

 I smirked at them in slow motion... this will only take 4seconds.

Switch on the ignition>>

Pumped the accelerator with one leg still on the ground>>

My back wheel sent dirt everywhere>>

                                                                                         And I was gone.

I rounded the first corner and went full speed for the second, planning on taking a sharp left when I saw two of them running at me with inhuman speed from the front side of the park.

Okay, so you want to play do you?

The tigress growled, more out of amusement then irritation. The guys were a split second from reaching me when I applied my breaks.

The sudden stop had inertia sending the back of my bike up into the air. I twisted my body along with the almost upside-down bike to the side, spinning to face the way I had came, as the first guy was about to reach me.