chapter 2

CHAPTER 2

As I walked through the city, singing to myself, I noticed as it started to fill up with early morning shoppers. Mostly women I was sure had kids at home sleeping; this was probably the only time they could get out and run errands without the distractions. Ha-ha! Populators!

I smiled at each one of them brightly as I passed by on the sidewalk. How lucky their kids are to still have them in their lives. It was really hard growing up without my mom even though I was closer to my dad as a child. Still, every child needs its mother.

My dad however, was the one who had guided me through my training. He had always said it was never too early to have me start to learn my culture and how to protect it. He had somehow turned it into a fun father/daughter activity that had me begging to do the different tasks every morning even the difficult martial arts techniques that he had drilled into me every chance he got. I loved making him proud. We just never figured I would have to use the skills so early in life…

*Flashback *

My mommy rushed out towards our back yard, ducking and side stepping over all the flames that were now threatening to engulf our whole house. I watched my mom as she avoided each flame, even in danger my mommy’s dancing skills came through. She looked graceful and barely touched the floor like how a ballerina would to a composition from Mozart.

As a village girl my mom was taught the art of traditional dancing, which sparked a whole her interest in becoming a dance instructor after school ended. But she came back to her father’s homeland after her parents died and that’s when she met my dad.

We reached the back garden and I immediately got down from My Mommy’s embrace and started running.

“Daddy! Daddy where are you! … Daddy?!” I yelled, frantically looking around the yard.

When I couldn’t see him, I decided to use my nose to try catch his scent in the air. I snapped my head in the direction the scent was the most strongest, which was towards the trees in the woods that lined the back of our yard. He was in our Secret Castle. I ran as fast as my human form could and reached the little shack in seconds. Banging on the door I yelled out again, “Daddy! Daddy please let me in!”

Instantly the door was wrenched open and I was lifted into a tight embrace.

“Aw baby! I thought you… Zoxie, where’s your mom?” he looked at me panicked.

“I’m right here Senzo,” My Mommy panted as she reached the door to the shack. My Daddy quickly took her into an embrace and hugged us both. They looked at each other and it was like the room warmed up instantly.

“Ledi…” that’s all My Daddy said and My Mommy nodded. At that moment I felt warm electricity flowing from them into me. It felt like nothing I’ve ever felt before and I could feel My Tiggie growing older inside me, well more like she was becoming wiser, like she had absorbed my parents power.

I smiled at them both in excitement, “Daddy Tiggie is so strong now!” he smiled back at me but I could see the sadness in his eyes.

“I know baby, she’s gonna keep you safe from now on. Be sure to always trust what she feels okay baby?” he said wagging a finger in my face before kissing my forehead.

He looked at My Mommy again sadly. She shook her head trying to keep a smile on her face as a tear fell from her face. They kissed each other passionately, which made me giggle as I was left to watch them from My Daddy’s arms. They laughed too and kissed me on the cheek at the same time, making me giggle even louder.

“We love you so much Zoxie, you know that right,” My Mommy started. I nodded my head.

“Yes and we will always be in your heart,” My Daddy carried on, “but right now honey, you have to listen carefully Ok?” I nodded my head again as he put me down.