Sharp Thorns

Warning: this requested chapter contains mentions of violence, foul language and degradation. If any of you are uncomfortable with any of the mentioned ideas, please skip through this chapter and kindly wait for my next update !

Also,the boyfriend mentioned in this chapter is Jay. Just in case you get confused for Jake from the last chapter. Wattpad might also rearrange the alignment of what I have written or there may be repetitions but just read accordingly :)

___________

It happened again. Another fight.

Screaming, banging, crying. You were surprised as to how even after all this time, you weren't numb to this pain yet.

Slap!

Another blow to your face that send you flying to the floor. Tears were streaming down your face and it hurt. It hurt so bad, the sting of his large fingers coming in contact with your soft and smooth cheek, which was now puffy and red like the rest of your face.

"What a pathetic b*tch!"

You flinched at the harsh words and closed your eyes tightly, anticipating the kick to your gut. But it never came. Instead, you felt the strong hands grip your hair by its roots before you got lifted off the floor making you whimper and cry even harder at the stinging pain that shot across your head when you hit the wall.

"Please...baby, st---" You were starting to beg for his mercy when he spat on your face.

Hearing the mocking laughter that left your boyfriend's lips soon after,you sniffled looking away.

"Yeah that's right. Dumb sh*t cannot even look me in the eye and keeps begging."  Jay snickered as he stared down at you.

You were cowering, knees drawn to your chest as you sobbed pathetically. The pain in your throat from the death grip he had on you earlier while he was so near to choking you to death and the pain in almost all joints after having been thrown around,was just too much for you to take.

As you sat in the corner of the room, like the useless object your boyfriend made you think you were, you finally heard the door slam shut.

He was gone. You could breathe.

You looked up and wiped your face with your quivering fingers but it still hurt. It hurt to breathe, it hurt to swallow. You had enough of it all but you knew there was no escaping. Not anytime soon anyways.

You were trapped.

You never said a word about the abuse to your brothers,always covering yourself up in turtlenecks and long sleeves,putting your hair down... you did all this,not worried of their reaction to how bad you were bruised up. But because they told you they wouldn't be surprised if the relationship turned toxic.

Inhaling sharply,you blinked your tears away and stood up with the support of the wall. Limping to the old bathroom of the pathetic room you and your so called boyfriend always met in,you opened the tap and collected the cold water in your red hands.

Hissing at the sting when the water hit,you carefully splashed the water on your face,your features contorting with the pain spreading across your sensitive skin. You looked at yourself in the mirror before putting the hoodie on your head,shadowing your bruised up face before you head home.

Days passed by. You hadn't met up with Jay in about a week so the bruises were slowly beginning to fade with no fresh cuts or wounds.

Today,you were at home, helping Hoseok make teokkbeokki. You seemed to have been lost in thought halfway through the session because Hoseok had to snap his fingers in front of your eyes to make you blink and come to reality.

"Y-Yeah? Did you say something?" You asked Hoseok with a confused look which earned a chuckle from your third oldest brother.

"Yes, I was asking you to check whether the rice cakes have been soaked long enough,it has been twenty minutes already" Hoseok, who was stirring the broth with the sauce ingredients  said wih a smile while gesturing at the rice cakes you were standing in front of.

"Oh yes,they're ready" You said with a quick  nod before lifting the bowl of soaked rice cakes to add them to the broth.

Hoseok started to stir them up while you stood next to him,watching the rice cakes take in the broth,it looked yummy  already. "Y/n, can you pass those vegetables and fish cakes?" He asked when he noticed you were standing with nothing much else to do.

But you had got lost in your own thoughts,yet again. "Y/n. Y/n..Y/F/N!" Hoseok snapped,making your eyes widen.

He rarely raised his voice but when he did,it was when he was really annoyed.

"Listen to me. Stay here if you want to help me with this, or just get the hell out!!" He said with his eyebrows furrowed in frustration and anger. "I have been calling your name for so long,don't you have a presence of mind ?!" Hoseok demanded and raises his arm to point towards the door, gesturing you to leave the kitchen.

You didn't dare look up as Hoseok shouted at you,your mind going back to the last time you and Jay fought. All your mind could think of was the way that man used to treat you like an object everytime you did something wrong, or even just made Jay angry.

It was when Hoseok had raised his hand to point out towards the door when you flinched hard,cowering in fear.

You didn't even waste a second,having expected a blow to your face when you saw Hoseok raising his hand from the corner of your eyes and your brain immediately told you he was about to hit you.

" I am so sorry, I promise I will pay more attention, but please...I beg you please don't hit me anymore..."

You begged as a stream of tears started to flow down your cheeks uncontrollably as you sobbed,holding your face in your hands with fear taking over your senses.